USADA strips Lance Armstrong of his TDF wins and all else.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Lance Armstrong banned for life, stripped of 7 Tour wins

Never failed a test, never proven guilty, based solely on testimony from former dopers he's stripped of everything. Is it possible one man in a field of admitted dopers could be that good and beat them all while he himself is clean? Sure. Is it believable to think it impossible? Sure. But aren't you supposed to be innocent until proven guilty?

Witch hunt or not?

the radio has only been playing snipets of what his statement was. I don't know if he is guilty or not, but after all these years and seeing the lack of evidence it is a witch hunt imho. I know i don't have all the facts and shouldn't pass judgement but its fishy that the guys keep pushing.

Sorry and maybe I am stupid for feeling this way but to me the only way to stop all this non sense is to just let them all dope as much as they want to. After all it's their body they are hurting. Look at all the money they will save if they do this. JMO Kinda hard for me to believe he did this all this time and was never caught. I think it's a witch hunt. I saw where he was just tired of fighting it and wanted to spend more time helping people with cancer

The man looses no credibility with me, They all do it. He needs to write a tell all expose about the Tour De France and laugh all the way to the bank!

Having spent a lot of years in amateur bicycle racing and following the pro ranks, I've watched this all come up from the first appearance to the public eye during the Festina Affair in 1998. It IS a full blown witch hunt that is unique to this particular sport. There are very (VERY) few people attempting to get by with doping anymore, so in order for there to be the drama that the sport has become used to in the last several years, the ruling bodies have to go witch hunting. Alberto Contador is another victim of the modern cycling witch hunt. If you win Le Tour, your going to be accused of doping. Cadel Evans was so squeaky clean that he got off pretty easy (but still fielded a few accusations). Bradley Wiggins has already had a coupla fingers pointed at him.
There are some examples of people who have gotten smooth away with it though. Miguel Indurain won 5 Tours in a row (second only to LA), then suddenly retired after the '95 season when the first mutters of chemical cheating started. No one even mentions his name now. Bjarne Riis (known as Mr 60%) openly admitted to doping during his 1996 Tour win, but has never been penalized, and is now the team captain of the Saxo Bank squad.
It is commonly known that the UCI doesn't like for Americans to beat the Europeans, but the part that gets me is, how the United States so gladly joined in on the witch hunt to finally take down one of our own (few) international sporting heroes.:(

The US ADA may not have the ability to strip Armstrong of anything. Notwithstanding the fact that the Department of Justice actually investigated and concluded it did not have enough evidence to prove the allegations in a court of law, the ICU is the international agency that governs the sport and the Tour, and they want a written explanation from the US ADA before they do anything. My bet is that they will not bow to some quasi-agency that only has the raw statements (that is, not subject to cross examination) of individuals who may have been pressured into stating what the US ADA wanted to hear.

in case you didnt know Lance Armstrong's heart is 1.5 times larger then the average humans heart. his oversized heart can beat over 200 times a minute and therefore pump an extraordinarily large amount of blood and oxygen to his legs so its no surprise he won 7 times. he is super human

but even if he was using drugs so what? every top athlete on the planet uses drugs these days and has for the past 3 decades. just a witch hunt thats all. he will still be considered the greatest ever period.

And don't forget that he was subject to testing at any time and any place in the world, as well as being subjected to testing during each of the seven Tours he won, either when he won a stage, was the overall leader of the Tour, or was part of random testing. Despite all this, not one A and B sample ever revealed a banned substance.

Here's the UCI's statement on Lance Armstrong (I incorrectly noted it as the ICU, above), from ESPN http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8298750:

AIGLE, Switzerland -- Statement issued Friday by the International Cycling Union in regard to Lance Armstrong:

"The UCI notes Lance Armstrong's decision not to proceed to arbitration in the case that USADA has brought against him.

The UCI recognizes that USADA is reported as saying that it will strip Mr. Armstrong of all results from 1998 onwards in addition to imposing a lifetime ban from participating in any sport which recognizes the World Anti-Doping Code.

Article 8.3 of the WADC states that where no hearing occurs the Anti-Doping Organization with results management responsibility shall submit to the parties concerned (Mr. Armstrong, WADA and UCI) a reasoned decision explaining the action taken.

As USADA has claimed jurisdiction in the case the UCI expects that it will issue a reasoned decision in accordance with Article 8.3 of the Code.

Until such time as USADA delivers this decision the UCI has no further comment to make."

What you fail to realize is this is America..............You are Guilty until proven innocent :rulez: Hard to prove your innocent when all of your team mates and friends have popped for PED's and all pointed the finger at him as well. Just like crabs in a bucket :whistle:

Having spent a lot of years in amateur bicycle racing and following the pro ranks, I've watched this all come up from the first appearance to the public eye during the Festina Affair in 1998. It IS a full blown witch hunt that is unique to this particular sport. There are very (VERY) few people attempting to get by with doping anymore, so in order for there to be the drama that the sport has become used to in the last several years, the ruling bodies have to go witch hunting. Alberto Contador is another victim of the modern cycling witch hunt. If you win Le Tour, your going to be accused of doping. Cadel Evans was so squeaky clean that he got off pretty easy (but still fielded a few accusations). Bradley Wiggins has already had a coupla fingers pointed at him.
There are some examples of people who have gotten smooth away with it though. Miguel Indurain won 5 Tours in a row (second only to LA), then suddenly retired after the '95 season when the first mutters of chemical cheating started. No one even mentions his name now. Bjarne Riis (known as Mr 60%) openly admitted to doping during his 1996 Tour win, but has never been penalized, and is now the team captain of the Saxo Bank squad.
It is commonly known that the UCI doesn't like for Americans to beat the Europeans, but the part that gets me is, how the United States so gladly joined in on the witch hunt to finally take down one of our own (few) international sporting heroes.:(

LOL your screen name belies your knowledge and interests. lol youre like jimmy the truck driver in Die Hard

was this the same sentiment/opinion for mark barry and sammy? I know the facts are a little different in their cases but as far as drug use in sports.

if he had chosen to fight it all the evidence would come out. nobody hears of the lab payouts in europe for the most tested athlete. i do beleave times are slower now for the tdf now then they were back in the late 90 and early 2000's. this guy is as guilty as the rest i think he is getting what he deserves,,,on the other side he does a charity ride here in Kitchener once a year and if you have 20k you can ride with him..its for our cancer hospital. Guess you take the good with the bad but i think he is guilty.,
Lance Armstrong banned for life, stripped of 7 Tour wins

Never failed a test, never proven guilty, based solely on testimony from former dopers he's stripped of everything. Is it possible one man in a field of admitted dopers could be that good and beat them all while he himself is clean? Sure. Is it believable to think it impossible? Sure. But aren't you supposed to be innocent until proven guilty?

Witch hunt or not?

This country more and more tries to suck the life out of good people and repay sharks with praise. They are just angry no one can beat him so they resort to slander. No evidence and still they want to ban him and strip him for what? No proof, no solid reason, just a simple I hate you so now you will suffer attitude. Beat the good guy down and give the evil men more power to tell us what to do, it's the American way now. :banghead:

We love to take down exceptional people in America. Whether it be sports stars, captains of industry, or movie stars. Someone thinks no man should be better than any other regardless of their acheivements. Don't know if it's true or not, just a dang shame.

that doping stuff is amazing! I hear it cured his cancer as well....:whistle: but chit if you have come this far why not go to the end with it just to say "F-You" to all those that think he cheated.

the bottom line is when you go to arbitration his teamates could now testify against him. Hincapie who has always been jealous of him was expected to testify against him. what a POS!

lol... all this talk about steroids as well as doping. the entire NFL would be banned if they really looked into other professional sports and the drugs athletes use. anyone who thinks professional athletes dont use illegal drugs these days to just keep up with every other athlete using them is living in a fantasy world.

so who won those 7 Tours if not Armstrong?:whistle: what a joke!

Back