US spec for 2006 bike as UK import

Mad_Sunday

Registered
Hi, tomorrow (April fools day!) I pick up my new bike. It's a 2006 model (but still unused) black and grey 'busa. I live in the UK and "official" imports come in via Suzuki GB. My bike however is a USA spec rather than the euro spec bikes usually parallel imported. At least that means the speedo is in MPH and not KPH. There are side reflectors which are not required in the UK. I didn't check if there is a lights on/off switch, can you run a bike in the USA with the lights off? My one concern is if it's California spec as I think that means it might be de-tuned for CA emission laws? How can I tell if it's a California model?

Any more UK 'busa owners on this great forum?

Looking forward to a nice dry first ride out at the weekend
cool.gif

Pete

Get some fotos up as soon as you can Dude
thumb_up.gif

I sort of count myself as a UK Busa owner
laugh.gif

What colour did you go for?

Trev

Can't ride without lights here in the US. Headlight has to be on at all times. Welcome to the org.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Welcome to the oRg. I dont know much, but from the friends I have had in Germany, it is easy to ship to Europe than to the States. You should be fine on specs. Post up some pics when you get her home. We have several members on the board from the U.K.
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the welcome guy's. I have flu so feel crap and off work at the mo' but a team of wild horses (or the British weather) won't keep me from picking up the bike tomorrow. The bike is Black/Dark Grey 2006 model. We could have got the 2007 red or blue but my misses said "I want a black one". Interesting that your from Belfast Trev, Cathy (misses) is a Ballymoney girl and we are heading over to Northern Ireland on the 'busa for the North West 200 bike races next month. It's a really great place and event which is live on BBC NI this year, as well as live on the web. Real racing if you know what I mean. Also booked for a week at the Isle of Man TT which is also an annual trip.I will try to get some photos of the 'busa at both on here for you all.

Heres a link to the BBC NI NW200 website www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/tv/nw200/

Hope to have some photos up tomorrow, Pete.

p.s. missing the old 'blade already but sure the 'busa will be a better bike?

Thanks for the welcome guy's. I have flu so feel crap and off work at the mo' but a team of wild horses (or the British weather) won't keep me from picking up the bike tomorrow. The bike is Black/Dark Grey 2006 model. We could have got the 2007 red or blue but my misses said "I want a black one". Interesting that your from Belfast Trev, Cathy (misses) is a Ballymoney girl and we are heading over to Northern Ireland on the 'busa for the North West 200 bike races next month. It's a really great place and event which is live on BBC NI this year, as well as live on the web. Real racing if you know what I mean. Also booked for a week at the Isle of Man TT which is also an annual trip.I will try to get some photos of the 'busa at both on here for you all.

Heres a link to the BBC NI NW200 website www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/tv/nw200/

Hope to have some photos up tomorrow, Pete.

p.s. missing the old 'blade already but sure the 'busa will be a better bike?
Hi Pete!

That's weird - my g/f is from Coleraine
rock.gif
I'll be at the N.West as well this year - free accomodation you see
laugh.gif

I'll be coming over on the Busa and doing the Dover/Calais/Stranraer route. Will pass through England/Scotland on the Sun 11th so I'll have a full week to soak up the atmosphere of Ireland's biggest sporting event
thumb_up.gif

Used to do the TT - last time on a Blade - do miss the Island.

Give me a shout if you wanna meet up

ciao

Trev

Can't beat the free accommodation Trev, I just love visiting the inlaws........at NW200 time
laugh.gif

and Cathy's uncle owns one of the top teams
cool.gif

Sounds like you have a long ride to get there m8. We are using the Liverpool (Birkenhead) to Belfast ferry for the first time this year. It's 8 hours on the ferry but MUCH less boring motorway miles. Would be nice to say hello, let me know when/where. If you fancy a break on your trip please call in for a coffee. We are very close to the A50 which is the best route from the M1 to the M6.

Pete & Cathy

Bikes in the garage mate. My illness has got worse so had a visit to the Doctors today, not even been in the garage to have a look, I feel like sh**. Hope I feel better tomorrow so I can take a few pictures.

Pete

p
sadnews.gif
.s. weather forcast for Sunday is SNOW............can it get any worse
deadhorse.gif

Lived in England from 1997-2000 at RAF Croughton near/between Bicester, Banbury and Silverstone.
California models simply have a charcoal canister to recover petrol fumes and little else different besides the fact that the tank is slightly smaller due to the need to accomodate said canister. There should not be much of a performance difference.
There will be an emissions label on it stating "50 State emissions certified" or something to that effect if it is a California model.

Back