Updated pics - more mods

I can't wait till i'm old enough to Trailer my bike! :poke::laugh:

I'm just jealous! nice job!

Very nice Omar. :beerchug: I miss my trailer sometimes. Maybe I can get Michael to send me a picture of it. :laugh:

I can't wait till i'm old enough to Trailer my bike! :poke::laugh:

I'm just jealous! nice job!

Thanks, Ace.

I did it for Michelle. She was tired of Caesar getting TP'd all the time... So I had to make a nice place for him to stay. :laugh:

Hey Omar, can you help the electrically challenged with some additional pix / details for how you setup the wiring from the truck and utility? Are you going to run a 30/50A service from the generator? I've gotta do some work in my trailer in the coming month, there's this trip in april that I've heard about :whistle:

Hey Omar, can you help the electrically challenged with some additional pix / details for how you setup the wiring from the truck and utility? Are you going to run a 30/50A service from the generator? I've gotta do some work in my trailer in the coming month, there's this trip in april that I've heard about :whistle:

I'll try to take some pics this weekend of what I did.

But in a nutshell - since I don't have electric brakes, some of this was fairly easy...and may still work for you (you have electric brakes, yes?)

Anyway, the 7-pin RV-style connector has a +12V and ground line. On my vehicles (my truck and Michelle's Jeep), the +12V line is rated at 30 amps. My trailer only had a 4-flat connector...so I purchased a 7-pin harness and wired it up. I connected all the usual wires; brakes, turn signals, parking lights and ground. Then I ran the +12V and ground to a power inverter.

On the outside, I installed the recessed power inlet...just a 120VAC, 15A MALE plug. That is wired into a 120VAC duplex outlet and a switch for the lights.

If I'm using generator, I'll just plug an extension cord from the generator to the power inlet on the outside. If I don't have gen power, but I'm hooked up to the truck/Jeep, I made a little "extension cord" just for the inverter. The cord has two MALE plugs on it. I plug one end into the inverter and the other into one of the receptacles. Turn on the inverter and it is now powering the outlet and the switch for the lights...just flip on the lights. I'm really just using the inverter for the lights. If I need more power, I'll haul the generator. My generator is a big one, 8500 watts...so I don't haul it all the time. (I need to get a smaller one. )

Heh - so much for my "nutshell" version.

I'll try to take some pics this weekend...

Back