Update on me and Charity

onerabidshark

Donating Member
Registered
First of all I'm doing well still pissed off cause I can't go ride. this doing nothing is getting friggin old. It's been 4 wks since I broke bone lose in my knee where acl connects to top and bottom. So the people who might have done this know its a slow process, My last Doc appt went well everything in place, next one on nov 18. Doc told me to slowlly start working it out nothing strenious. I can move my knee about 1 ft up and down in perfect comfort, anymore tightens up He told me not to go past that for awhile. this weekend I started very lightly with crutches walking on it, feels very good which sounds good to me. now to the Important part Charity from the laydown got a few scratches and couple brakes as well I got the right side fairing off and started working on it this weekend, what a biotch working in my shop right now needs cleaned up, I can't do it so roomate and brother prolly gonna get put to work haha. shop has 4 bikes in it right now, Charity,sportster 1200, honda vfr,and harley fatboy, not to mention my 1969 jeep restoration project and roomates woodworking area, and 4X8 Pooltable so yes its crowded, So needless to say didn't get much done said "fug it" went to suzuki ordered decal kit and right front brake handle. So will prolly get the skirt finished within 2 wks (depending on my knee) Zukracer is hooking me up with bar ends, BigBSbusa hooked me up on the right side footpegs. Kuddos to both of them. Decided since its metallic silver I'm gonna let someone else paint since I haven't painted anything in awhile don't want it screwed up and me being crippled it might happen LOL so all in all everything is going good I have aflac ins so they sent me $2700 which is really helping out, I'm back at work, not supposed to be, but who made the rules. I can sit here with my leg proped up just like can at home, and it pays better hahaha. Because of the way my knee feels right now I'm thinking 3 wks b4 I can even think about riding but we'll see I don't wanna rush anything Cruise on Jan 28 Might keep me off of bike until after then. But I'm having severe withdrawels from Charity.

It sucks to be away from riding for any period of time, but don't worry, you'll be back...just take it slow and don't over do it...

I was down for 9 weeks with the back surgery...riding came back to me slowly...I still don't feel like it's my bike when I ride...gonna take some time I guess
mad.gif

Sorry about Charity...she'll be 100% in no time...
cool.gif
Just sit and stare at her to help ease the pain
tounge.gif

Glad you are making progress! Leg up and down a foot and before you know it scissor kicks!
biggrin.gif
Charity will be just like new and you'll be postin' all kinds of pics of her. Keep us updated.

glad that you're gettin better....

I feel your pain, too...it's been 18 months since I last rode.

Good news on your progress ... glad you're coming along. Be patient and be a good patient!!

I partially detached my ACL in one of my knees skiing a few years ago. I had to take it easy for about 6 weeks, then I was almost back to 100%. I had to use a brace for a few weeks to keep my knee from bending sideways. I've been without Diablobusa now for almost 3 months, so I also know your pain.

Keep your chin up. The bike is replacable. You're not!

face7.gif

good to hear you're on the mend... take it easy, ya don't wanna be rush'n and screw somefin up and worse...

Sorry to hear about your injured knee. My biggest fear about crashing is my hands and my knees. I don't know the details but I'm suspicious you were probably wearing jeans when you crashed? I crashed about a month ago and tore the knee up on a pair of Alpinstar race pants but my knee was uninjured. I ruined a nice pair of pants and skinned up a jacket but walked away unscathed. Good gear is very cheap in the long run. Hope you heal up quickly and get back aboard your scooter! Don't forget your riding gear!

dude, sorry to hear about the wreck. i freak out everytime i can't ride my "bus" so i know the feeling. anyhow heal well and heal fast.
smile.gif

Hey - glad you're healing up. I completely tore my ACL a little over a year ago and had surgery to repair it one year ago tomorrow. You'll be good as new soon!! Too bad about your bike. One more project.....Best wishes.:)

keep your heads up. i know what your feeling bra i went doown last week, had shoulder surgery wednesday. torn rotatorcuff and broke the humorless bone in a few spots too. i want to ride so bad it hurts, keep healing and glad to hear its getting better for the both of you.
cool.gif

Hope you continue to heal. maybe sit in the garage and dream up plans to make it a more effecient use of space. It will keep your mind busy and may help with the rebiuld and repairs when the time comes.

thanx everyone Yea everthings coming along nicely, bar ends came in from zukracer yesterday I'll prolly work on her a bunch this weekend.
05BusaBlu same back to ya hope everything goes well.

Back