Unlocked Busa?

Yashimura

Registered
What's going on guys? I just signed up for this forum, although I've been reading your posts for about a month now. I vaguely remember the dealer mentioning something along the lines of "The first three gears and sixth gear are limited". I've already found out that 6th gear is limited because I could only go close to 190, but the RPM's still had room, and the bike had plenty of power to take me further. I was just curious to see if anyone here has "unlocked" these gears, and how does the bike feel with full power in every gear? Thanks guys!

1st 3 gears limited
rock.gif

Though a TRE is the simplest "PLUG AND PLAY" solution to remove the 186mph 6th gear restiction,it also affects the other 5 geras. I'd check with smitherscustoms here on the board and get a modified GPS (gear position sensor). Do a search, there's plenty of TRE and GPS info available here.

Welcome to the best Busa board in the World.
beerchug.gif

Ya....the TRE is junk IMO. I'd only go with a GPS mod unless you can get someone to hack the ECU on the 08...
thumb_up.gif

Welcome to the org.

Forgive the (what's a) TRE comments as it is an old joke around here (and it use is getting VERY old). Some don't know when to use it.

I'm not sure of the accuracy or the 08 being limited in the first 2-3 gears. Regardless it make more power than can be used with a stock wheelbase bike now. If you are wanting more power in 1st, I have to ask why?

Anyhow as far as I know the 08 speed limiter can currently be eliminated two ways. A timing retard eliminator (TRE) which will tell the bike it is in 5th gear at all times. The other is a gear position sensor (GPS) mod. Which tells the ECU it is in 5th when you are in 6th. Both will mess with the gear indicator the TRE will show 5th all the time. The indicator with the GPS mod will work correctly the first 5 gears and show 5th when 6th is selected.

Currently there is not an ECU mod on either Generation but it is getting close on the 02-07 models.

Also a slight gear change should net some results with the right rider. Going to a 42t rear sprocket might be the trick. The bike should make plenty of power to pull the higher gear ratio. Even a 41t might work.

I think I got censored... I was trying to stimulate the research into an item that is not really needed by very many but sure seems to get used a lot...

I think he used the wrong term. 1st thru 3rd (I thought it would be thru 4th) are probably "retarded" not limited in terms of speed.

Timing
Retardant
Eliminator

That would be the solution. The GPS mod would eliminate the 6th gear RPM/speed restriction but not the retardants placed in the first few gears. I personally love my TRE. Good luck with whichever route you take.

The above info was based on the assumption the "laws" of the Gen-1 apply to the Gen-2.

I think I got censored... I was trying to stimulate the research into an item that is not really needed by very many but sure seems to get used a lot...
Apparently you weren't the only one getting censored...
really urks me that some people hide behind their privileges instead of just owning up and explaining their actions.

What's going on guys?  I just signed up for this forum, although I've been reading your posts for about a month now.  I vaguely remember the dealer mentioning something along the lines of "The first three gears and sixth gear are limited".  I've already found out that 6th gear is limited because I could only go close to 190, but the RPM's still had room, and the bike had plenty of power to take me further.  I was just curious to see if anyone here has "unlocked" these gears, and how does the bike feel with full power in every gear?  Thanks guys!
Suzuki is good about pretty much giving you full power out of the box...unlike some other companies I won't mention
shutup.gif
laugh.gif

But I have heard, now that the 08 busa has computer controlled secondaries, that they might have neutered it alittle more? I wonder if anybodies pulled the secondary flies on an 08? It makes a HUGE difference on the ZX-14....

Back