Undertail pic linky for those that were asking

I don't know what you guys bought, but mine is great. No failures, holes match up perfect, and I have had it for over almost two years. Oh well.

personally I am betting you bought an inferior product...you have no clue how it should fit and are very understanding and glad it bolts on the bike. Or you got the one in a million product....which I highly doubt.

Ok dude i'm not going to do this all nite. See ya'll on another tread.:thumbsup:

sorry man I do take this personally....If I misrepresented something you put tons of work into by claiming it was the same as someone else's inferior and mass produced item...you might take offense also. I see nothing has been corrected in your claims.

Man, do you need help selling your undertail? Sure, i'll tell some buddies about your amazing technicolor dreamcoat of a undertail and let them know it's like-no-other out there. I have been polite enough and do feel insulted. So, let's leave this alone. I hope you sell a million of those things, they look great. I bet they are quality. I like what I have and don't need to show 5,000 pictures to prove it to anyone. And I have plenty of experience with motorcycles. Don't feel like having a pissing contest with anybody tonite. Thanks

Man, do you need help selling your undertail? Sure, i'll tell some buddies about your amazing technicolor dreamcoat of a undertail and let them know it's like-no-other out there. I have been polite enough and do feel insulted. So, let's leave this alone. I hope you sell a million of those things, they look great. I bet they are quality. I like what I have and don't need to show 5,000 pictures to prove it to anyone. And I have plenty of experience with motorcycles. Don't feel like having a pissing contest with anybody tonite. Thanks

If I didn't have to correct your misinformation, there wouldn't have been an issue.

God, what a baby.

I would probably be banned if I typed what I am thinking right now...

I wish you luck with your motorhead undertail.

The flanges were too narrow and the battery box has proven fail points...

so hopefully you will heed this warning and take precautions...because it will eventually fail and you could have your battery and maybe your ecu bouncing on your rear tire.

I showed how they fit...I have see over 2 dozen up close.

and you are right, they have been around for quite some time...and their design got worse the 2nd time around. (The originals ones were MUCH nicer but still had flaws)

so hopefully you will heed this warning and take precautions...because it will eventually fail and you could have your battery and maybe your ecu bouncing on your rear tire.

and you are right, they have been around for quite some time...and their design got worse the 2nd time around. (The originals ones were MUCH nicer but still had flaws)

Like I said.

Like I said.

Re: Undertail pic linky for those that were asking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki4life

Like I said.

suzuki4life,

Please don't put down products or manufacturers on this forum we sell here at Motorcycle`Street Bike`Apparel`Clothing`Gear`Helmets`Parts`Accessories`Cruiser`Off Road Bike Apparel`Parts`Accessories`Superstore - ToBeFast.com. We work really hard to take great care of our customers, dealers, & manufacturers. If you have an issue with one of our products please call us and we can talk about the issue. We always like feedback to determine if there is an issue. I will call this manufacturer right now and e-mail him your post to determine if there is a problem. If there is a problem we will take care of all customers that report them to us. If brandont70 ever has an issue we will take care of him as well. We really appreciate you taking time to read this post and would love to work with you in the future here at Team McCoy MotorSports.

We Really Appreciate our Customers, Dealers, and Manufacturers Here at Team McCoy........

Team McCoy MotorSports
Hayabusa.Org Sponsor
Mike McCoy VP
Motorcycle`Street Bike`Apparel`Clothing`Gear`Helmets`Parts`Accessories`Cruiser`Off Road Bike Apparel`Parts`Accessories`Superstore - ToBeFast.com
Phone (606) 432-1556
Mike@tobefast.com

if you don't want to hear the truth, that's fine...don't listen...

but if the design is the same as the one I have shown, the design is the flaw....tested and true. Regardless of who does the glass work, the design is faulty. I don't want the product you sell represented as my work and I hope you share my feelings vice versa

I didn't plan on explaining the flaws with the deisgn shown but I have agreed with the fact the battery box is a huge issue. Since another member made the comment you might want to rethink the issue as a reality since now 2 people have stepped forward claiming fault in the design.

of course this all only applies if you are indeed selling a copy of "The Motorhead" undertail...

Last edited:
I would like to see a closeup of it on your bike. Specifically the areas pointed out to be flawed. Inquiring minds wanna know. :laugh:

Lots of stuff look great from 10-20' away. Then once you get up on it you see if there's flaws or not for us potential future buyers. :thumbsup:

I would like to see a closeup of it on your bike. Specifically the areas pointed out to be flawed. Inquiring minds wanna know. :laugh:

Lots of stuff look great from 10-20' away. Then once you get up on it you see if there's flaws or not for us potential future buyers. :thumbsup:

maybe catalyst went through and fixed the gaping hole issues....but the design is the same from the pictures.

last TMH undertail that was brought to me to be installed that started my quest to redesign the issues was late 07 early 08.

maybe catalyst went through and fixed the gaping hole issues....but the design is the same from the pictures.

last TMH undertail that was brought to me to be installed that started my quest to redesign the issues was late 07 early 08.

i got one of the mh/bellman older ones and the front is cut to short no where to mount the front lower bolts on the subframe...i almost fell from my desk when told to run it don''t worry about the front bolts,lol that's where battery goes,lol...

Sooooo, who you buying your fiberglass from? That's what I do for a living (Composites Distributor).....

Sooooo, who you buying your fiberglass from? That's what I do for a living (Composites Distributor).....

answer is simple...due to health problems, I am done. This is probably my last adventure in fiberglass or carbon fiber. 15 years of dealing with it has given me daily reminders of why you don't deal with it for that long.

i got one of the mh/bellman older ones and the front is cut to short no where to mount the front lower bolts on the subframe...i almost fell from my desk when told to run it don''t worry about the front bolts,lol that's where battery goes,lol...

last one I saw was the same ...3/4" too short. And that was in just one dimension.

last one I saw was the same ...3/4" too short. And that was in just one dimension.

yeah I been checking out what you said and all is true.I'm ogone make some small plates to glass in and extend over to fisx it but there are flaws...

i cut the old battery box out of stock undertail and used that for support on my cattalyst undertail so i didnt have those issues.. suzuki for life im glad u supported ur undertail wish i saw it before i got mine a year and half ago

yeah I been checking out what you said and all is true.I'm ogone make some small plates to glass in and extend over to fisx it but there are flaws...

easy fix is to use some aluminum strapping to support the end at the battery box and paint it black. If you just add a section you will either have to really reinforce the seam or you will create a fulcrum and it will crack. I wouldn't had gone through all the work to make new undertails if the last one brought to me had flanges wide enough to even drill holes for the body bolts. I told the guy that it would take as much effort to fix the part as it would to make a new mold and fix it there....

That was this mold
P1010950.jpg

It created 12 parts total before it was scrapped (actually it was sold)

P10109631.jpg

These were direct but corrected copies of TheMotorhead undertail. As you can see the flanges were lengthened and formed into tabs, the battery box was exteneded 1", and the tail light was extended 3/4". 3 plys of carbon fiber, battery was relocated to the nose and we carried 28 lbs for 1000 miles without any type of failure at the battery box...but that was in carbon fiber and although it did not fail, the corners of the battery box were showing flex marks. I am betting more mileage and they would have failed.

so Yes....I feel I know a bit about the design first hand...I built a mold....I changed out materials and I built parts...which were tested...

Back