Two B-Kings in Chandler, AZ

Haya01B

Registered
I just left the Ridenow dealership in Chandler AZ and they had Black B-King and a Silver one. Like I said before, I am not a big fan of them. I just posted to let the locals know if they want to take a peek. They don't have any busas yet.

I saw those a couple weeks ago and couldn't figure out why they were still there. ol' boy said they had been there for several weeks and no takers. I really dig the black one. I'm just that close to hooking it up, but I'm in China for 4 more weeks. Maybe they will still have it when I get home.

They probably will be there. I have not really seen or heard a real rave for them yet. Maybe when they hit the streets, they will spark intrest.

I have a question about the B King... Why would they make the B King with a detuned 08 Busa motor? The B King only makes 160 hp..... I think its a cool bike and I talked of getting one.. (Im keeping my 2000 Busa) Any ideas on this as to why they did that?

I have a question about the B King... Why would they make the B King with a detuned  08 Busa motor?  The B King only makes 160 hp..... I think its a cool bike and I talked of getting one.. (Im keeping my 2000 Busa) Any ideas on this as to why they did that?
My best guess is if they stuck in the same motor as the '08 and with the weight difference (Busa being heavier), it would ultimately be the faster bike of the two. That would seeming hurt Busa sales and probably shift the mindset of some Busa owners over to the ZX14. I would bet that a fairly large percentage of people buy the Busa not for the looks alone, but also the prestige of having the fastest bike.

b-king only has 10hp than the busa, but it also has different gearing and a speed limited to 150mph. So doesn't really need as much hp as the busa since its not really designed for high speed needing more hp than the busa

I have a question about the B King... Why would they make the B King with a detuned 08 Busa motor? The B King only makes 160 hp..... I think its a cool bike and I talked of getting one.. (Im keeping my 2000 Busa) Any ideas on this as to why they did that?
My best guess is if they stuck in the same motor as the '08 and with the weight difference (Busa being heavier), it would ultimately be the faster bike of the two. That would seeming hurt Busa sales and probably shift the mindset of some Busa owners over to the ZX14. I would bet that a fairly large percentage of people buy the Busa not for the looks alone, but also the prestige of having the fastest bike.
Bking is 518 and the busa is 485

edit: dry weight

Thanks for the info,,,, all good points... I did see my first B King today and went out of the way to see one on the show room floor. Being a former V Max owner I must say I love the looks of this bike. The one I looked at was all black and made the little V Max part of my heart race.
beerchug.gif

Jay___the_Max.jpg

Probably like the old Corvette and Camaro story. GM had to keep the Camaro a few steps behind the vette because if they let the underdog get ahead of the flagship then sales and intrest in the high azz vette would drop way down. Just a theory.

Back