turbos ECU or engine management

denmah

Registered
hey guys, what do you use to manage your fuel and whatnot for turbo systems, ive heard of people just using power commanders... does the powercommander work well for managing the fuel? and how does it compensate?

i know some people use the motec computer or MSII in some cases to turbo a bike...

could you post articles links or some information on using a power commander to tune a turbo bike.

im thinking of turbo'ing my 636, i have a pretty vast knowledge of building turbo cars and turbo kits, used a few stand alone engine management software in my day too, so i can handle it.

im trying to figure out what itll cost me and if it will be worth it for me to try.

anyway any help with the tuning aspect with a power commander would be really helpful, thank you.

Send a PM to GPW
wink.gif

I havent done a turbo (I want to supercharge) from what I have read is that most use a powercommander with ignition control as well to make adjustments while on a dyno with a wide band O2 sensor. My only problem is then you have to use a rising rate regulator to add more fuel, when in the automotive world I used an Accel gen 7 box with a dual sync dist. and 2 bar map sensor to run my supercharged small block.
Hope this helps! and welcome to the board.

so the power commander is only a 2d fuel map, there is no add ons to read boost or airflow like a map or mafs.
this is what i thought, you have to tune it with a return fuel system and a rising rate regulator.

Back