Turbo with HMF Duel slip-ons???

Ruth|ess

Donating Member
Registered
What type of work are you looking at here? I want to keep the duel exhaust and love HMF's high mount carbons definitly going turbo bolt on with stock motor... Has this been done? cant find pics on it or any duel high mount system... Thx in advance guys...

Thx for the responce... Ya I figured as much with the hp and will hit the dyno for the extra restrictions ect.. I'm just having a hard time thinking about a single exhaust or dump... I have plenty of friends who weld really well who have told me it can be done I was just hoping someone who's done it or has seen it done would post up... Again thx for the responce...
beerchug.gif

I've seen pics of turbo bikes through stock exhaust for the stealth look and the HMF dual lowmounts but can't recall the high mounts.
I'm sure it has been done though.

You will lose a lot of power, up to 20 or so with a low boost stage one type system. And it only gets worse as the boost level rises.

Dump will give you best performance. I prefer full exhaust for a more stealthy approach but that's just my personal preference.

If you don't mind the noise then go with the dump pipe.

well if your goal is saving money than just sell your highmounts and get a dump for the turbo. Your neighbors will hate you though.

If you know someone with good welding skills,.......you are set. As far as losing a lot of hp,.............weld in a divider before you split the tubes under the bike. I'm used 2 1/2 inch stainless tubing for my entire exhaust. I designed a divider before the split. I feel this will flow fine. I can't see why it would not. I am flowing 2 1/2 into two 2 1/2. Can't see a major loss of power with this design. Dyno will tell!!!! See if the photo helps!! Good Luck!!

DSC00576.jpg

GSX1300R-T ,

Good job and I agree with your thinking for the non-all out street bikes in general . There's easy low cost ways of adding some back pressure later if needed .

Here's one of the ways to get it done .

Scary-Jerry's bike

I had mine with a duel set ofHMF for a long time. nice stealth look. I went to a dump pipe out the back later for an added 20hp.

Back