Turbo or Engine Mods

jclaeys

Registered
I'm from the old school, bigger displacement. more compression, port and polish, cams, crank, etc. But turbo's make so much hp with a bolt on feature and no internal eng. mods for a street version. Are turbo's doggie on the low end? It's great to have that low end grunt. What's the best way to go?

From what i have read and heard usually under 4000 rpms its like riding a stock bike but after that and the boost starts kicking it then ya taking some serious incrases it's still a toss up but i think turbo for alotta power if the better dollar if you don't want more then 50 hp then just as well go nos or motor work since it will be slightly cheaper but anything 80 plus just as well go turbo guess it also depends on what you wana do with it?

Personally I'd go turbo.....can't offer an opinion cuz don't have one yet, but talk to NinjaEater.....I think he's really happy with his.....or any number of people at suzukihayabusa.org who have em.
You can't make much more than 210+ or so hp with motor alone, with any reliability left and that's a ton of power, but that extra 50 or 60 you get form a street setup is just calling to me, and most seem reasonably reliable if setup correctly.
IF SET UP CORRECTLY!!!!!

Just my .02

And welcome to the board too!!!

<!--EDIT|monsterspeedfreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083041935 -->

Whats the best nitrous kit to start with and what engine mods do you need to do ?

pc is really the only thing thats needed for n20. you just need a way of increasing the air/fuel ratio when you go on the gas.

Back