Turbo blew-up HELP!!!

Really glade you feel me on this Ninja. But I'm sure you read about the problems Stunnah has had, and now the geto kit. Myself, I would expect it from a kit named "Geto". But not from a name such as Velocity. And thats what ticks me off, they should have informed stunnah that either he didn't have everthing he needed or, his motor wouldn't last with a turbo.  If I go to a Velocity dealer and he tells me I can get a Velocity turbo kit for $3700, thats all i expect to pay.  When I get my turbo bike back it shouldn't need anything else to last, or stand up to 1/4mi drag racing. If I need all that other high $ stuff, then I might as well get the stage 2 big $$ kit.
Just feel thats screwed up they don't tell you everthing up front.
I'm gonna stand up for Velocity now...The problems I had with my bike were not the turbo the turbo just made them more evident...If you don't have a responsible installer or the ability to do it yourself then you had better stray away from boost...I did all the right things when installing my boost...My bike was freaked up and I didn't know...The most important thing is to have a bike that is mechnically sound...The second is to be able to build it yourself or have a compitent person build it for you...I have never pushed the "STUNGUN" beyond it's limits and never will...I had the bearing go out on the front and took it to the dealer today..."I HAVE THE KEYS IN MY POCKET"...
evil.gif

I have basically the same kit as Stunnah and have had 0 problems with it. I went with lower compression, water inj, external wastegate and a few other goodies just to be sure and for future upgrades. I too believe it is the installer that makes or breaks the kit. Just my 02 cents though

Yes the tune and the installer along with the weakest points of your bike that may give you problems when you put a turbo on. ie Output shaft, Head gasket. Fuel pump, pistons etc.

what all is needed for just,a street turbo system?no real street racing,just a top end run every now and then? with absolutely no drag strip action! and what's the life expectancy of the motor in miles! let's say minimal boost,around 230 to 260hp? thanks

what all is needed for just,a street turbo system?no real street racing,just a top end run every now and then? with absolutely no drag strip action! and what's the life expectancy of the motor in miles! let's say minimal boost,around 230 to 260hp? thanks
250 260 is more then enough. If you do top ends make sure you use race gas and spend a little more for water mist and or intercooler. Prolonged high speed runs 6-7 seconds can melt a motor with out precautions.

Back