Stock Gen2 turbo ignition map

fastbutblind

Registered
Hi all, am new here and I hope to get some help from you guys, I have new Gen2 bike with ebay turbo kit, installed everything, and noticed later that most of the parts isn't working well, so I replaced the fuel pressure regulator, and installed better one, later found that the fuel pump isn't delivering the required fuel, so I replaced it with brand new original 044 pump, now the tune is getting well, I have reached 8000RPM and 0.4Bar (5.8PSI) without any fuel issues, other than that I need now to run the upper injectors to give more fuel in, but we had wastegate issue that the boost spike so hard after 8000RPM and i don't want to run it that much high (7PSI) as max, so I have to check my wastegate and do another round on the dyno, but am not really sure about the engine ignition as am running it on a very conservative timing, so I was wondering if anyone can help me and post me a complete stock engine timing map, and what max boost is running and on what type of fuel, please not that am running the engine complete stock, as am running it on aftermarket ECU and controlling everything in the bike.

Thanks in advance for you help guys :)

stock ign map here , t a good start to building a base map
ECUeditor_ignmap1_zpske1l3igz.jpe
and i am ramping retarding ign from 9psi to 31 psi , pulling 20% by 31psi, decompressed motor .

Which ebay kit, sounds like others should be aware of what to avoid

why standalone on low boost gen 2 ? stock ecu is more than capable if flashed for boost fuel

Thanks for the fast response, so your timing from 0 PSI to 9PSI is 32 degree? as would that be ok in my case? since am running complete stock engine on 95 octane fuel?

So you guys on the boost level am using you leave the ignition as stock as the included map?

cuz currently am running a lower ignition map from this, around (25-21) on boost area and am having kind of low power comparing to none boosted stock engine till 8000RPM.

as for fuel am making sure to make the fuel AFR readings some where between 11.9 and 11.6 on the boost area.

For using the the ECU there was no reason for this time, but am planning to work the engine soon, and add more boost, so this should be done sometime, so I made it first while I have one ready, as am not really sure about the turbo kit, I bought it from a guy that never installed it as he told me that he got it from ebay, as I had it with a fairly low price cuz he is not in need for it anymore.

those numbers are on my gen 1 which is decompressed and runs good fuel, if you have stock compression and pump fuel you could most likely put a little more timing in, but check it either on the dyno or with an audible knock detector
dyno will tell you hp increases as you add ign timing up to where you have gone too far then hp will go down or stop rising , pull a couple of degrees from there and you should be safe

Back