Turbo ignition map

oemmk1

Registered
Hi guys just a quick ignition question, I'm using a stand alone ecu and was going to install the std busa ign map but was wondering if it's better to use rpm over manifold pressure or stay with the rpm over throttle position. Thanks in advance

Rpm vs. throttle is fine.

If your using a good intercooler, or proper fuel you won't have to worry about pulling timing. Since your using a stand along ecu, most of them have an option to pull "x" amount of timing at a certain pre defined boost level. Otherwise your good.

I use rpm/map on a Link g4 standalone
but a simple beginning would be as Rob suggested and copy an original tps map then apply a deg/psi correction (if you can generate extra tables )

Which standalone ?

Are you using the extreme or the storm OZ?
Currently looking at getting a G4+ Storm for my gen1. Wiring looks like it could be a bit of a nightmare though.
Plenty of them installed in cars down this way but looking for a opinion for someone thats got one installed in a bike.

Cheers

Hey oz it's a link g4 extreme rcc ultra gtx 35r c16, pro street bike. Just need to sort out an ign and fuel map and hopefully of to the track, would love your input. Thanks

You likley want to use an RPM vs MAP or other pressure reference. Otherwise you will have no control of ignition retard based on manifold pressure.

Using a TPS based map is pretty much worthless on a prostreet bike. You should be at full throttle for nearly the whole pass if you don't use a 2 step and the entire pass if you do.

Are you using the extreme or the storm OZ?
Currently looking at getting a G4+ Storm for my gen1. Wiring looks like it could be a bit of a nightmare though.
Plenty of them installed in cars down this way but looking for a opinion for someone thats got one installed in a bike.

Cheers
I first installed the extreme on my turbo 750 LSR bike , whole wiring etc from scratch , big job, and i had to send the bike to USA before i fully understood the system due to shipping and racing timetables,

Kept the ecu here and did a quick install on my roadbike gen 2 turbo busa , just repinned the wires with the link pins and plugs, that kept the non ecu stuff as standard and made a very easy setup

Went for the extreme as i felt i needed staged secondary injection

I like the Link, does what i need , very good customer service as i was beginning and needing info on best way to setup for tuning in Australia and running at Bonneville ,
If you want a local opinion try Jason at APT

Hey oz it's a link g4 extreme rcc ultra gtx 35r c16, pro street bike. Just need to sort out an ign and fuel map and hopefully of to the track, would love your input. Thanks

PM me your email, i can send my busa pcl, you can use any part of what i have done or if you reconfigure the secondary staging and injector size and dead times to suit your setup you could use the maps as a starter ,mine is a stock injector gen 2 running a water/air cooler on pump to 14 psi but ... the ign table will need more work, its a roughly calculated table with not much time put into fine tuning .
I was more interested in using the whole system more and becoming more familiar with staging, logging and other setup stuff than perfecting a table i was not needing in the long term

I like the small primary injectors for start and part throttle stuff , may not be such an issue on a busas bigger capacity and lower rpm limit , but with my main aim on this ecu being the 750 its difficult to get injectors capable of the hp to run well on such a small motor , over 13000rpm and 32 psi gets thirsty with not much injector dwell available

Have the Vipec version of the Link now since the previous setup was lost in the fire , running great again on the 750, the busa was giving me fits and i went back to editor gen 2 for the last meeting , but will be going to the Vipec again , its something specific to the bike or my ecu setup , i have had it running fine on my streetbike busa as mentioned above with very similar setup and only after changing back to editor found a stator problem that could have caused my issues
Have a chat to Blaze he uses them too .

Blaze is happy with his. Brett Ghedina from Pace motorsports likes them to. Looks like its the way to go.
Where you running race fuel or methanol?

Has anyone done a "conversion" from a factory ignition map to std degrees of advance? Tried to google but came up blank.

116 race fuel , E85 and methanol at various times, was trying E85 with the vipec on the busa
Factory busa map is pretty close to real deg advance, logging with editor or woolich can compare ign degrees to what you see on the tables and see just what is going on with corrections

Back