rising rate fuel pressure regulator

Nick Kickass

Registered
Hello, how should these be adjusted for a turbo system? Are there different approaches?

I have the fuel pressure regulator that comes with the RCC stage 1 kit if that helps.

From BEGi's site I found that the fue pressure needed P at boost pressure Boost for a system with "base pressure" Base is,

P = (Boost^2 + Base) + Boost

Here where I got that information:

B.E.G.I. Fuel Pressure Regulator Installation Instructions

Is it possible to successfully tune a stage 1 turbo by using

P = Base + Boost

Or does fuel pressure HAVE to increase with the square of boost pressure?

Also the numbers in the calculation on the link are clearly all jacked up - they say the ratio is 1.41 (I have no idea how they got 1.41) but they are clearly using 6^2 which is the square of the boost pressure (and they also say they are using the square of the boost pressure.

Isn't there really some coeffcient A so that the fueling should be

P = ( A * Boost^2 * Base ) + Boost

?

Hello, how should these be adjusted for a turbo system? Are there different approaches?

I have the fuel pressure regulator that comes with the RCC stage 1 kit if that helps.

From BEGi's site I found that the fue pressure needed P at boost pressure Boost for a system with "base pressure" Base is,

P = (Boost^2 + Base) + Boost

Here where I got that information:

B.E.G.I. Fuel Pressure Regulator Installation Instructions

Is it possible to successfully tune a stage 1 turbo by using

P = Base + Boost

Or does fuel pressure HAVE to increase with the square of boost pressure?

Also the numbers in the calculation on the link are clearly all jacked up - they say the ratio is 1.41 (I have no idea how they got 1.41) but they are clearly using 6^2 which is the square of the boost pressure (and they also say they are using the square of the boost pressure.

Isn't there really some coeffcient A so that the fueling should be

P = ( A * Boost^2 * Base ) + Boost

?

Nick:

Set your base (idling) fuel pressure up at 42-43 pounds, using the big center screw with the locknut on it. The only other screw to adjust would be the gold "bleed" screw that sits at a right angle from the regulator. Adjust that to 1/2 out counterclockwise from closed. Then go hit a good dyno and have the tuner set up a fuel pressure gauge so you can see your fuel pressures while on boost, which should be around 80-90 psi.

Back