Tuned a 08 today

smitherscustoms

Donating Member
Registered
Tuned a 08 today.Has Brocks alien head,PC111 usb,Reed valves blocked off.Here is before mods & after with tuning on our DynoJet 250i.

2008_dyno_sheet.jpg

I'm not quite following the graph. Are these 4 dyno runs, two before and two after tuning?

I ask because there are 4 lines, two purple and two red. The hp is awesome. What do you think the hp and torque would be on an 07 as opposed to the 08 if the tuning were identical.

Can you still disable the speed limiter by telling ecu it is in 5th when it is really in 6th?

If no one sees a downside I might consider trading my 05 for an 08.

I have a Tsukigi full system and custom map from Steve and my bike got around 106 lb of torque and near 170 hp
thumb_up.gif

I'm not quite following the graph.  Are these 4 dyno runs, two before and two after tuning?

I ask because there are 4 lines, two purple and two red. The hp is awesome.  What do you think the hp and torque would be on an 07 as opposed to the 08 if the tuning were identical.

Can you still disable the speed limiter by telling ecu it is in 5th when it is really in 6th?

If no one sees a downside I might consider trading my 05 for an 08.
The 2 top lines are a comparison of before & after HP.The bottom 2 lines represent Torque before & after.HP numbers are on the left,Torque numbers on the right.

I have a Tsukigi full system and custom map from Steve and my bike got around 106 lb of torque and near 170 hp
thumb_up.gif
What year model? I need some more hp. I moved from Texas (sea level) to Idaho Falls (4700 feet). The hp drop is definitely noticeable.
ninjakillers bike is a 07
Looks like there would be about a 20 hp increase in the 08 over the 07.

That is what we have been seeing on the dyno.
And the extra horsepower (because it's an 08) is from the factory. I'm guessing that the engineers at Zuke adjust for all the engine components that need tweaking to handle the power. I've had bad luck with other bikes when I bored or stroked. Stuff like the bendix not being able to handle the extra effort to turn the engine over, the starter and battery not being strong enough, etc.

bowdown.gif
I'm eager to see the results from this week's test.

Good luck, good work, and good night.

lurk.gif

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TYPE OUT THE NUMBERS AS I CAN NOT SEE THEM VERY CLEARLY .I HAVE AN 08 AND WILL BE GOING WITH THE SAME SETUP.THANKS

Back