TufBusa

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
hey all our talks about "picking lines' and 'corner entry"

here is the shot leading up to the first picture at "mud corner"

You know, picking your line on a 10' lane is HARD to do... that 40' track is a piece of cake compared... Now is this pretty close to where I should have been? I think I was just off the white line when I started the "tip in"

K%20836.JPG

here is a slightly better lit shot... a bit of a blackie coming off tires.. you can not see him, but UncleSteve is just out of frame and we are blabbing on the radios.. :whistle:

K%20852.JPG

Last edited:
Those are some great pictures. :thumbsup:
Busa Bash :) we spend 7 days riding the roads and have a ball... Really worth the vacation trip...

And when I sell the bike? it will state "Adult owned and ridden" :rofl:

Last edited:
Good lookin shots Bogus!

Looks like you've got 'er heeled right over! :beerchug:

I think you need to come over to the West side so you can see some real roads!! :laugh:

Good lookin shots Bogus!

Looks like you've got 'er heeled right over! :beerchug:

I think you need to come over to the West side so you can see some real roads!! :laugh:
Am from AZ... ran the southwest and left coast most of my life... now all the corners I have available here? have stoplights or stop signs... :(

Gotta go 5 hours to find any roads worth riding now.. So I really just gotta settle for my track days now.. I usually ride pretty conservative but we were hamming it a bit for the photog.. (road was clean, no oncoming traffic and I trusted the guys riding with me)

It's all the backroads of the PNW you need to see....

Tufbusa and I could show you a couple that would keep you grinnin for weeks...

Another shot and then UncleSteve..
K%20854.JPG

He was not pushing quite as hard.. The Gen2 just gets around better than the Gen1 bike... I have a tough time keeping up with him when he starts "getting with it"

K%20857.JPG

I'd wager that "Uncle Steve" rides at maybe 60% on the street. If he seems fast.... he's not even warmin up. Honest.

One day watchin him at the track will confirm that..:thumbsup:

I'd wager that "Uncle Steve" rides at maybe 60% on the street. If he seems fast.... he's not even warmin up. Honest.

One day watchin him at the track will confirm that..:thumbsup:
yep... we have ridden a few thousand miles together over the last few years..

what I find is on the track I tear up my "toe sliders" on the boots.. here you can see they have pretty good air under them, on the track I have to tuck my leg in to get the bike hauled all the way over, when my toe hits the deck, I know she is over...

Pushing that hard on the street is just begging for a hard "get off"

Last edited:
Holy smoke...when you said "uncle Steve"... I thought you were talkin about tufbusa... "Steven"...

Didn't realize there was an Uncle Steve on the Org...

My bad.:whistle:

Holy smoke...when you said "uncle Steve"... I thought you were talkin about tufbusa... "Steven"...

Didn't realize there was an Uncle Steve on the Org...

My bad.:whistle:
:laugh: SteveO (TufBusa) rode with us this same weekend... lemme say... I could not keep up with that guy on my best day and his worst.. (well unless he was stuck in bed)... What a fun guy to follow and watch ride..

I couldn't agree more.. he is a great guy to follow. I learn somethin every time I ride with him.

Problem is...it's just not often enough.

Holy Kow Bogus, I've seen midgets healed over farther than that :poke:
Of course she was naked and on her knees but what thehell? :whistle:

You do a good job dude! You squared the corner off quite well and a bit conservative on lean as you should be on the streets. ALWAYS enter a left hand corner on the outside against the fog line and patiently wait until you can see through the corner before tipping in. You may even live to be old and gray like me? :cheerleader:

IMHO line choice is the most important factor in cornering.

And knowing when to commit is probably second.

I actually picked up a Triump 675 on Saturday after the rider failed to commit. Entered a left hander on the centerline (Very poor line choice) and about the time he should have laid her on her lips he did the old Keith Code PR (Panic Reaction) trick grabbing a hand full of brake. Down he went and both bike and rider slid over an eight foot embankment into a swamp.

When I arrived the rider was sitting on a rock with his friends all standing around telling him it's okay, everyone crashes eventually. I ask the middle aged fella why he crashed and he shook his head saying "I don't know". I said "Well, apparently you ran out of talent just when you needed it most"! I probably didn't do his wounded pride any good. :poke:

I was however, nice enough to take his wounded bike to my house where it still sits in my garage!

Last edited:
Yea, hard enough to leave blackies but not so much as to drag my toe sliders... I was also a bit on the "lazy" side of getting off the bike.. that run up and back equals like 600+ corners and i was getting tired...

Fatigue is a killer man... you get just a bit off your game because you are tired? not good, not good.... the fun part was all the "stretch" guys were still going the other way when we came back down :whistle: :laugh:

Now about that Trumpet.... we have a couple pretty strong runners at the track here... looks like a fun bike but the owners seem to fall off them a lot... what gives with that?

Fatigue is a killer man... you get just a bit off your game because you are tired? not good, not good....

Now about that Trumpet.... we have a couple pretty strong runners at the track here... looks like a fun bike but the owners seem to fall off them a lot... what gives with that?

Get your decrepid old arse on a bicycle. You have three months before track season begins and bicycling is the best exercise you can do preparing for track season.

I don't know what is up with the 675? Since you mentioned it, I have seen a few on their side at the track. I thought it was the Pilot Powers but maybe it has to do with the stiff suspension?

Like MJN said, we need to get your arse out here for some old fashion fun! :beerchug:

Back