Triple clamp picture request

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
I am in need of a dead straight on picture of the stock triple clamp piece with the spacers and cushions in it. When I bought my 2008 it already had the Soupy 1" risers on it. I have studied the diagrams on Bike Bandit and Ron Ayers, but they do not give a very detailed description of the sequence the cushions are mounted.

So, in order for me to get the sequence from top to bottom I would prefer a straight on shot of the top triple clamp so that I can restore my clamp to stock, and then mount the Helibars that are sitting on my work bench.

I will then begin my search for a decent priced Genmar .75 riser as I understand that is the max height you can have with Helibars.

This is from Cycle World's (NJ dealer) online parts catalog (New Jersey, Motorcycles, Honda, Suzuki, Motorcycles, ATV, dealer, Cycle World of Cherry Hill)

Picture 1.png

Those are the same diagrams I have been looking at, but if you look at the actual bike, you will see that it seems there is a cushion (item 9) under the actual triple clamp bottom plate. Then there is another cushion (item 9) between the plate and the clamp. So, I was hoping to get a level, or profile picture of the top triple clamp and plate so that I could go by the picture as the diagram seems a bit unclear in the order.

I'd take a pic if the bike was close, but it's a few blocks away in a garage. Someone will post up. Good luck.

I have GenMar risers, so pics of mine won't help. Go by the diagrams. I would not trust that the person who installed the risers put everything back where it belongs.

Reading your post again confirms what the diagram shows: there are two (2) cushions (Item 9 on the diagram) for each bolt, for a total of eight (8) required cushions. The first cushion looks to be installed with the flat side against the top plate ("holder" in the diagram), and the second cushion is installed in the opposite way--creating a cushion. Hopefully someone will get that pic for you.

Picture 1.png

Some of the pictures I am seeing it seems that one of the cushions is actually below the bottom triple clamp, then the other is between the clamp and plate. I think that the spacer (item 10) is missing as well as the Soupy risers probably took the place of this piece.

I will give it a couple of days in hopes for a picture, but if one does not pop up I will take a trip to the Suzuki dealer (25 miles away) and try to look at a stock set up in person.

Gimme a few .
Since I have no idea of what exactly you want I'll take like five or so for you.
back in 20mins.
Okie Dokie Smokey ?

Here you go duder.
Let me know if you need another angle or something closer up.
By the number tell me which one.

pic 1
TRIPLECLAMP002.jpg

pic 2....right side
TRIPLECLAMP004.jpg

pic 3....left side
TRIPLECLAMP003-1.jpg

pic 4....
TRIPLECLAMP008.jpg

pic 5...taken in front of triple tree
TRIPLECLAMP010.jpg

pic 6...
TRIPLECLAMP013.jpg

Blanca, you were dead on with picture 2 and 3. Thanks a bunch for the help. :beerchug:

For anyone else in the future needing the same information, you can see the lack of detail from the microfiche above. The diagram does not present what order the cushions and washers are placed on the bike in relation to the triple clamp, or the clamp top plate.

Back