Trip to Greenville, SC

Bokey

Registered
I'm attending a conference in Greenville,SC from April 16th to the 19th.

I think I'm going to bike it from Massachusetts.

What can expect for weather?

Thanks

Probably a little bit of niiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccce!
laugh.gif

jump9.gif

I lived in Greenville for about 10 years.  You should expect very nice (probably highs in the 80s and lows in the high 50s or so) weather, and many, many Baptists.  Actually, Let me take that back - I have no problem with Baptists as a denomination, but what you have there are Bob Jones students.  If you're downtown (which I recommend going to see) on the weekend, you can expect some of the students to be down there either preaching or telling you that you're going to hell.

There are lots of really fun things to do in Greenville that are a lot of fun.  PM me and I'll be happy to give you some suggestions on what to do.  

You MUST ride up to the top of Caesar's Head though, as well as Table Rock.  You get there by taking 25 north up through Traveler's Rest and follow the signs.  Driving up Caesars head is like riding a mini Dragon, except with a 9% average grade.

The weather will be nice my friend. Get's good and toasty around here by then. Greenvill is just 1-1/2 hours southwest of Charlotte.

Thanks all.

Just got the word that work will not allow me to take my bike, due to the liability.

They said if I didn't want to fly I could take a company truck, but they won't let me load my bike and take it with me.

Guess I'll just have to go south during my vaction time.

Great weather and no ride. Time to plan time off!

That they do. dont expect to get alcohol on a sunday, even at a restaraunt. Oh, and if you want something other than beer or wine for your hotel room, you'd better buy it before 7 PM...

Back