Trip Mileage meter

Iced

f=12;t=13696;act=ST
Donating Member
Registered
A topic on how much mileage we get on the Busa I was reminded of a possible problem I saw on my bike?

I have an '03 Canadian model and there are two trip mileage meters (in L/100km).  I reset both of them on a full tank of gas and they give different values?  eg. one reads 8.5 and the other reads 11.5?

8.5L/100km is 28.2mpg
11.5L/100km is 20.9mpg

Anyone else see this?  or is it a potential problem?...

I have a 03 UK model.Which has MPH speedo and Miles per ltr on the trip.
Ive recently done a 2500 mile trip around Europe and managed to average 11.6 miles per ltr.Which equals 52.78mpg.(Imperial)for the whole trip.Which approx 46.4 mpg (US).
Both trips were used, one for the whole journey and the other in-between tank fills.Which every amount of fuel was logged and worked out pretty much the same as the bikes computer.
The speeds for the trip varied as you would expect,but I was 2 up and fully loaded with gear.I never exceeded 130mph.I must say its one of the most fuel efficiant performance bikes I have ever owned. I have taken the bike up to 165mph and have never had less than 45mpg.
I dare say that if you take the bike up to the red line every time you change gear you would get poor MPG but I find that the bike is so blisteringly Quick, you dont have to.

<!--EDIT|SuzukiGSX1300RK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066238264 -->

Mine have always read the same when running concurrently, though I usually run them like SuzukiGSX1300RK said. I average between 38-44 mpg(USgal)

Hmm, ok I know I've tried it numerous times running them concurrently and they've always shown different after resetting them at the same time (fairly big difference actually)... I will have to take a closer look or maybe get it checked out. Thanks for checking guys :)

CorrodedAlien, did u happen to check yours?

Iced, ran the 2 w/ same zero out's, at the fuel up they both had same values for distance and MPG.

Take it to the dealer.

ok, i guess i'll have to get it checked out... thanks guys...

Back