Travelling to Reno

omega0003

Registered
I'm driving from Maryland to Reno in May. I am taking two busa's with me. I would like to hear suggestions on whether it is better to trailer (5x10 trailer) the bikes or put them in the back of my truck. I have a 2003 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4.

Moved to General...
I'm sure the members will have some suggestions shortly on this subject.

Grew up in Reno. What do you plan on doing there if I may ask?

Good luck with your trip and the trailering...

1 in truck 1 in trailer dont want to overload the trailer and end up minus a couple of bikes and it is a pain in the rear to put two of these in the back of a truck and tie down. Bad

If the trailer is wide enough use the trailer. Put some wheel chokes in the trailer. Also make sure you have some good anchor points in the trailer to hold them ladies down don't want to loose them. Also I have heard to try an cover up the Ram Air ducts when you trailer them could cause problems later.

05_LTD.JPG

I would be against the trailer.

I have a trailer and I am leaving for Vegas in the morning and putting the Busa in the back of the truck.

If you have a trailer You have the following as cons

1) Your speed is limited. most places you can only go 55 legally with a trailer, if they are in the back of the truck your speed limit will usually be 70+

2) If you have a trailer you have additonal tires that could go flat

3) If you have a trailer high winds and bad weather can be a pain the a$$ to drive through. Where as with just the truck, not as big of a deal.

4) When you Get to Reno you have a trailer you have to worry about parking somewhere

Pro's

You have more storage space available

Juggler,

I have a bowling tournament in Reno. A friend of mine on the bowling team has a busa as well. We thought it would be great to bring both busa's and ride through Nevada and California.

(omega0003 @ Apr. 12 2007,03:32) Juggler,

I have a bowling tournament in Reno.  A friend of mine on the bowling team has a busa as well.  We thought it would be great to bring both busa's and ride through Nevada and California.
If you want someone to show you the best twisties in the area, pacemaster (02 busa) and me both live 30 miles south of Reno and would be glad to show you around.
smile.gif

In fact, on May 20th we're headed to Infineon Raceway (north of San Francisco) to catch the AMA Superbike races, making it a very LONG one day 320 mile round trip run.

There happens to be a very nice establishment close to the bowling alley (I hate to call it that).

You have to be a GENTLEMAN, and it's recommended that you bring a lot of ONE DOLLAR BILLS. I'll let you do the math.
smile.gif

Have a good trip!

(Juggler @ Apr. 12 2007,09:52) There happens to be a very nice establishment close to the bowling alley (I hate to call it that).

You have to be a GENTLEMAN, and it's recommended that you bring a lot of ONE DOLLAR BILLS.  I'll let you do the math.  
smile.gif

Have a good trip!
Ahhhhhh the "Gentlemen's Club"
super.gif

You most definitely need a trailer for the $1's
tounge.gif

Back