Traded my 01 Busa for a 08 Busa

your the only one who can make that conclusion. i like the cable clutch feeling, and how the gen1 busas "feel" a little more lighter/free, but the 08 is a beast and i love it. welcome to the board, any mods your wanting to do soon?

Yes, there are a few mods I want to do when I can afford it. The first one on my list is to get rid of those god awful stock cans!!!

From what I have heard, and there is a lot to hear about it, those who have gone Gen I to Gen II have been mostly satisfied. Most of the haters only have a Gen I

I am really pleased with mine in every aspect. I never owned a Gen I to compare it to though. All in all I believe you will love it. There are several who can chime in on it and let you know more how they compare.

Yes, there are a few mods I want to do when I can afford it. The first one on my list is to get rid of those god awful stock cans!!!

funny thing, i did that within a week of having the bike, i took the decals off, and lowered it, but i was running jsut no mufflers, so i put stockers back on to try again, and i dont mind them as much now. im gonna do other things to make it quicker, id rather be fast, than sound fast. exhausts are jsut soo expensive. rant over..lol

congrat. it is too late anyway, so enjoy your new beast and don't worry you will be very satisfied.:beerchug:

Just wondering if I made a good choice for trading my 01 and getting an 08?
I would rather keep them both but I couldnt afford it. I hope I made a good choice?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ndID=170600867&albumID=779932&imageID=6791341

Well as Halfwit said you are the only one to make that decision. But I can tell you this I've had a 2005 and 2006 now a k8. I don't think I could go back down to a gen 1 I just love the k8 that much. If you could find a way to afford both I would I do miss my 06 (had to sell it to get the 08).

i'm in the same boat as jeffreycarmen...i've never owned a gen 1 but i couldn't be happier with the k8. i love everything about my bike. you'll love yours regardless of missing the old bike or not.

I road both and have to say i like the 08 much better. They had a new 07 and an 08 there and i am glad i got the 08. Enjoy and welcome to the madness

DSC_0011.jpg

If I had keep my Gen 1 it would have been my beater bike. It weat, reliable and fast, but the new one has 4500 miles and reliable and much faster and more refined. Better bike. Except it wheelies MUCH easier. Biout flipped myself over the other day at 70 in 2nd gear when I WOT. Talk about a near 12 o'clock. Holy crap!!!

If I had keep my Gen 1 it would have been my beater bike. It weat, reliable and fast, but the new one has 4500 miles and reliable and much faster and more refined. Better bike. Except it wheelies MUCH easier. Biout flipped myself over the other day at 70 in 2nd gear when I WOT. Talk about a near 12 o'clock. Holy crap!!!

power wheelie in second gear at 70 miles?:O damn..
what kind of gear you have on that thing?

I am SORRY................. The 08 Is Not ALL THAT. Just My :2cents:

But Congradulations Anyways :thumbsup:

I am SORRY................. The 08 Is Not ALL THAT. Just My :2cents:

But Congradulations Anyways :thumbsup:

i have both .. kept my 02 busa and have my new o8 as well .. the 08 is just a much nicer and refined bike.. ride one back to back and u will change ur mind.

Back