Track Day Oulton Park (UK) 26th July 2014

bigdev

Registered
Here is me having fun at Oulton Park last Saturday. It was a surprise birthday present, to myself :laugh: (63 years young)

Ran Metzeler Racetec K3 tyres (tires for you Americans lol) two psi down from standard and had the suspension (Elka rear and standard front) set up on the circuit by Infront motorcycles run by James Powell. It made a hell of a difference and I would really recommend these guys.

The Busa surprised a lot of guys at the circuit who thought they were big and heavy and wouldn't handle lol.

I will post pics of the tyres after the sessions in due course.

Oulton Park 5 (2).jpg

Great share brother, ah grandpa :laugh: How about some pics of the lower fairings, looks close to me in that pic :poke:

Gen 2 Busa handling does indeed waken a lot of riders up with its abilities even in the tight twisties and almost unrivalled on the faster sweepers especially when the road isn't table top smooth.
Neat birthday present...i got a car trackday for my 40th years ago and loved it...had I lived on the mainland i'd have opted for getting into making it a weekend hobby.

Great share brother, ah grandpa :laugh: How about some pics of the lower fairings, looks close to me in that pic :poke:

Yes, I will sort some out at the weekend dadofthree. Not sure if she decked or not but my 2000 busa always used to at Cadwell park so every time I went there on her I had to get the bottom fairing re sprayed :laugh:

Rear tyre left.jpgRear tyre right.jpgFront tyre left.jpgFront tyre right.jpg

Tyres after Oulton Park, new on before apart from a little road run beforehand to scrub then in :laugh:

Rear tyre left.jpg

Rear tyre right.jpg

Front tyre left.jpg

Front tyre right.jpg

Back