Track bike is finally done

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
I finally finished with the track bike
cool.gif

I got the vinyl graphics from Jim at FabriTech Designs and got them finished up tonight. All of the vinyl was good quality, and most went on without a fuss when applied wet per Jim's instructions over the phone. This was my first time working with vinyl, but overall it went well.

Doing number plates with vinyl is a pain in the ass, but it can be done if you carefully use a heat gun to soften the vinyl as you work over the compound curve areas. I used blue painter's tape to lay out the number plates, and then once the yellow vinyl was laid down, I used the underlying tape edge as my cutting guide. Once you peel off the excess yellow and the blue tape, you're left with a nice number plate. I might still get some pinstripe tape to cover the edges since I didn't have the smoothest hand while trimming.

Onto the pics...
biggrin.gif
Once again...they will open in a separate Putfile.com window.

The original "Cow Bike" for reference...

The new bodywork in progress...

New Paint...getting there
wink.gif

Now the finished project
cool.gif
I'm still waiting on a few stickers but this is pretty much complete. ACE Powersports is my sponsoring dealership. Not monetary, but a healthy discount on parts.

I am so glad that this is finally done
beerchug.gif
Now I'm just hoping that it doesn't rain at Road America on Wednesday.

cool.gif

Part 2 of the pics. You can only post so many on one page
tounge.gif

Okay...That's it
biggrin.gif

Hey bro, don't know if you have rhyme or reason to your stickers, but if you are looking for some to put on there, I have some from dynojet, tiger racing, sidi, etc. If you want some of them, let me know...

Bike looks great!

Looks all nice and pretty,,,, Huh,,,, now get it to the track and ride the wheels off of IT!!!

poke.gif
jump9.gif
poke.gif
jump9.gif
poke.gif

poke.gif

jump9.gif

poke.gif

Hey bro, don't know if you have rhyme or reason to your stickers, but if you are looking for some to put on there, I have some from dynojet, tiger racing, sidi, etc. If you want some of them, let me know...

Bike looks great!
I'm currently trying to stay with stickers from those companies/businesses that I have actually received products or services from. Not really discriminating, but I don't want to put stickers on there if I don't actually use their products. I don't want to overdo it with stickers and distract from the actuall paint job.

I'm still trying to figure out how to represent those that donate through PayPal. I'm thinking of having a board to display in my pit area with names on it.

Cool! Now how do you do that thumb nail thingy
rock.gif
?
When you upload files to Putfile, you get the screen shown below. The thumbnails are auto-generated.

All you have to do is copy/paste the "BB" link that is highlighted in blue. I click on the link above it, then hit TAB twice to get it highlighted, then hit CTRL-C (copy), then go back to the posting new topic page, and then hit CTRL-V (paste). Hit ENTER twice and that puts a space between the thumbnails for ya. Repeat this until you're done.

Hope that helps
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "forgot the dam picture"|1145335350 -->

putfile_BB.JPG

Oh buddy that paint job is the bomb. I want you to go out there and find a reasonable inconspicuos spot and scratch it, now! That way your not thinking about scratching it when you go down. Karma will then be on your side forever.

I would absolutely love to hit some of the tracks out your way, they look fun.
cool.gif

Thanks everybody
beerchug.gif
It's been a frustrating task, but seeing it completed last night was an awesome feeling.

JT2...You crack me up
laugh.gif
I'm sure after tomorrow, it will have a few scratches on it just from loading/unloading, and riding on the track. I'm not too concerned about it actually. I just wanted something nicer than the "Cow Bike" so that I could buy a few pictures from the track photographer. Something to frame or put in the scrapbook.
cool.gif

cool.gif
Looks damn good!
Now get out there and get them tires scrubed in!!
wink.gif

Thanks
cool.gif

As long as the weather holds out for tomorrow, then I'll be taking some pics in the sun, and posting up a track report when I get back this weekend.  I'll be at the track for three days, but only riding the first and last.

By next week the photographer should have the pictures sorted and up on the web.  I'm thinkin... 8x10 glossy print
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145392732 -->

Back