Track Bike Classifieds?

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Are there any websites out there that have specific areas for used track bikes?

I am not sure Chris, i bet somebody knows of some, Maybe Tufbusa, There is usually 1 or 2 for sale at Hallett everytime we go and we will be leaving in about 15 mins to head there, and if there is any i will get the # for you. :thumbsup:

if you ever are looking to find a wrecked one to build on look at copart.com. ive seen some light wrecks on there pretty cheap.

other than that and local deals like craigslist, watch some of the bigger forums like gsxr.com, zx10r.net etc etc

If you have one or more local shops that you know well, tell them to call you whenever a light wreck comes in. Insurance companies total them for just a scratch on the frame a lot of times, and you can buy it from them for pennies on the dollar of what it was worth before. Salvage title, few small parts, rearsets, race body work, and you got a track bike.
That's what I'll be doing, hopefully by next year.

I hate to state the obvious but eBay has had SV650 track bikes with lots of mods for what look to be very reasonable prices.

And don't forget about the race schools that sell off all their bikes periodically. At least with a good school, you know the bikes have been well maintained and they are up to track duty and ready to go.

Back