Touring Discovery!

hkrauss

Registered
I've had a problem with riding for more than about an hour because I get a crick in my neck from straining against the force of the wind beating against my fullface helmet. Bought a "661" foam race collar and rode for over 2 hours today without as much as a twinge from my neck! It fills the gap between the bottom back of my helmet and the base of my neck which supports the helmet against the wind so my neck was relaxed the whole time. It's a dirt bike gear item that only cost me $40. Anyone else doing this?? Here's a link http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog....83f6ad. It's the "Neck Roll" towards the bottom of the page.
smileyexhibit.gif

Sounds interesting, I have always began to have pretty severe cramping and pain in my right trapezius radiating up into my right neck after about 2 hours of interstate type riding. May have to give this a try.

dang...sounds azzbackwards to me.....i've been thinking about a lanyard contraption/rig that pulls the helmet back on my head...however i discovered that as long as the riding jacket i buy...

"HAS NO COLLAR/NECK ROLL"

i'm fine.

personally?...i just can't even begin to imagine how a neck roll would make a lid more user friendly to a sportbiker..and i would think that "Head Checks" would be a real biotch.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back