i HATE MY NEW ZG DB

1127 TO 1299

Registered
Went to Montreal to pick up my motorcycle at my parents place.
Installed my new ZG double bubble, easy to install, took me 5 minutes.
So I hit the road yesterday, first ride of the year, I did 370 miles driving from montreal to Jersey.
Now since the airflow is different around the bike it creates that whistling noise that is unbearable. I had to tuk under the bubble to make it go away.
I know I don't have the quietest helmet but now I'll have to change it or go back to the oem windshield.

My right wrist is a bit sore...don't have the throttlemeister yet.
and I have a little siffness in the neck. I had the wind against me the whole way.

Anyway, I'm glad that the bike is back.

BTW, my friend followed me for an hour with it's ZX-12 and I was pulling away on every stretch we had. Don't know if he was being carefull or not.

Do you have that edge guard on the windshield? I was wondering if it would cause it or make it go away?

the whistling comes from my helmet.
with DB the air hit my helmet at a different angle causing the noise.

MT -- no edgeguard

Yeah Earplugs are a real good idea... If you like I can cut you a custom busa screen for your ride, it definitely will eliminate any noise from buffeting and such and you can still the gauges... Trade you straight up for the Zero G. and I allready have a stock screen I can cut that is in good condition.

It'll look something like this...

STAGE_II_Windscreen01_copy.jpg

thanks rev but i'll keep the ZG.
I'll definitely buy ear plugs and probably chage my helmet, it's a cheap HJC CL-10.
Best bang for the buck. I bought this when i was a student now I can afford a good one.

Good move, 11-12. I have a Powerbronze Airflow screen, it changed the flow but, no whistling. I usually ride with my Shoei but, I wear a KBC at times and do not get the whistling either.

This is the first complaint that I have ever heard about a ZG double bubble.
I was so happy to see the guages and not have the wind throwing me around.
Give it a chance with a new helmet. I think you'll change your mind.

<!--EDIT|SLEEPERBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084954035 -->

It's definetly a helmet issue. I have a ZG DB on my Busa and have to have the shield on my Arai helmet closed or almost closed to get rid of the whistle, but I never hear it when wearing either of my Shoei helmets. I think the panels that cover the shield mechanism on the Arai are the cause of the noise.

Ed

Back