Touchy throttle

Jamie83

Registered
I have a 06 busa that I've had for about 3 years but has been off the road for a year due to me not having a license. I took it for my first ride in year through a nice and twisty range and the throttle seems a lot more touchy than I remember. It is probably just me needing to get the feel for it again but when going through a tight corner and I back off then power on again it is like as soon as the throttle comes on it is a sudden burst if power instead of a nice smooth power delivery. It its stock other than yoshi rs3 slip ons and a gipro atre. Like I said probably just my lack of riding over the last year and need to get the feel for it again but is there anything I should check or any opinions? Cheers
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

You can check the throttle cable adjustment. Other than that, it's most likely you just need to get the feel for her again.

I have called that crisp and responsive more than a few times but with injected non Power Commander'd Busa's it can also be called like an on-off switch - abrupt and such.

Wild extreme example being from zero fuel at zero or closed throttle position to plenty of fuel at 2-5-10% throttle . The TRE could aggravate it i guess if it doesn't jack with zero throttle position but don't know- i don't mess with those. The intake tract stays mostly wetted so the injectors are never really off anyway except for when the <deceleration fuel cut off> is on at way high rpm with closed or semi closed throttle. Thats another subject anyway and i don't know how it got in there :D

Power Commander and dial in the lower rpm or live with it and and it becomes normal after time.

Mine seems faster than I remember it after a couple weeks. I can only imagine a whole YEAR!

As Dennis suggested, check the slack in the throttle cable, but dont get it too tight, turn the bars and make sure the idle wont raise. Also, shed your speed before you enter the turn and accelerate through the to turn to set the suspension and even out the bike. If you go in braking, coast through the turn, and then throttle out, it will feel choppy.

I will have a play with the throttle cable and see how it goes. Plenty if riding planned for this weekend though so I reckon I'll find it's just me. Thanks for the advise though.

I discoverd the other day that if both the throttle cables are too stretched it creates a trigger feeling and other strange phenomenons, it was very annoying and i thought they needed some lubrication, loosened them both and now the bike feels smother and the on/off feeling is goneand the handle snaps back like it should.

Sent from Iphone 4 via Tapatalk.

I pulled the airbox off and found that the actuator that opens and closes the flapper was completely out and also the vacuum hose not connected. Not sure how long it's been like that or what difference it would make. Haven't had the chance to take it for a ride yet.

can't say to enforce that enough... too many bikes have this problem and owners just put up with it. Same with believing they have a true "choke". Fuel Injection peeps.

Got a chance to take it for a ride yesterday, first time since finding that actuator disconnected and it feels a little doughy. Can anyone tell me what this does and how it works? I'm guessing it holds the flap closed until higher revs?

Back