Torque value sidestand

surt

Registered
Does anyone have the torque value for the sidestand bolt please? Can't find it in the service manual...

Jiggles in which way ? It's never really gonna 'squeeze' down on stud it goes on cuz it needs to swing freely . I've had mine off a few times and don't think I even put 68.5lbs into it . Just put some loctite on nut and like Sous said goodntight :)

Also, make sure that the back side of the bolt is not spinning. It has been a long time since I had mine off to paint, but I remember having to use two wrenches until it was seated right where it was to be. Mine does not "jiggle", but it certainly moves freely when I need to put it down.

I don't have any loctite - but yes, I know it's awesome.
When I say jiggle, it's not rigid when the bike is placed on it. Stand goes down, touches the ground, and then moves a little more after the full weight is on it.

Last edited:
I don't have any loctite - but yes, I know it's awesome.
When I say jiggle, it's not rigid when the bike is placed on it. Stand goes down, touches the ground, and then moves a little more after the full weight is on it.

It's designed that way, I actually just removed and cleaned and greased mine this evening. I also was curious about the "freeplay" of the stand but after removing the 14mm nut which seems like a lock nut, a 17mm wrench from the back side and you'll see the bolt has a shoulder on it and can only be tightened down so far or tight.

It's designed that way, I actually just removed and cleaned and greased mine this evening. I also was curious about the "freeplay" of the stand but after removing the 14mm nut which seems like a lock nut, a 17mm wrench from the back side and you'll see the bolt has a shoulder on it and can only be tightened down so far or tight.

Oh OK. Haven't had a bike do that before, especially one so heavy. But I suppose it's because of the weight that they need that weird design.

Feel much better knowing it's meant to do that.

Back