Buell Pegs----Toe into the Sidestand

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
I just put the Buell pegs on my 08. They're so much more comfortable than the stockers. The problem is my size 12 hits the sidestand. I like the shifter low and my foot well under it. Some shoes are ok others have thicker soles and hang up. Got a couple ideas to get a little more space.

Anybody know if some of these aftermarket billet stands are cut in such a way as to provide a little more space for the toe?

I have the same problem after installing the pegs. I got used to it after awhile, and hardly notice the difference now. I plan to add an adjustable kickstand, and since they appear to be wider than stock, it might make the getting to the lever more difficult.

i experienced it also. just keep adjusting until you find the best setting. you'll eventually find the right spot

Defo down to adjustment, the instructions that said to "rotate the lever one click round on the peg" didnt take into account that my levers were one click round alreadt as standard... so i had to do some major adjusting of twisting the barrel round to get it so my feet didnt touch the stand. Once i realised what was going on it sorted itself out. You can get there - its just lots of trial and error and playing about.

Jza

I made some shims for the kickstand and the safty "cut off switch". stand sticks out a little but I also like my shifter low. Great mod to do and Joe is a super nice fellow.

Back