Tornado Watch..

Cats and Dogs are downstairs... I'm top side keeping watch. For the locals...keep your heads down.

I didn't realize you guys were back in town. That was just about as close as it gets before we relocate to the shelter. Ready at a moment's notice...

They are reporting debris in the air down near Tullahoma...

Last nights went to the north of us
Tonight's going to the south of us, and heading right towards Chattanooga....

Hang in there guys...

We're good for now. The local station we've been watching has reported a possible touchdown in a suburb north of town. Closer to Tiller than any of the rest of us, but I've been in contact and he and Di are alright.

It has finally moved out of this area, but there are still a lot of people in harm's way. Robbinsville is one of several areas currently under a tornado warning.

Yea we were in the basement until about 12:15 and finally called it clear. There for a few minutes we weren't sure what was gonna happen tho.

Coming through again tonight but should be further south this time. Also not supposed to be as strong. Hopefully will just breeze by Chatty.

Glad everyone's OK...I can't imagine living in tornado prone areas. The one that rolled through my tiny town devastated our area and is still a hot topic today, years later. We just don't get 'em and don't know have any warning system in place, don't know how to handle 'em, nothing. I'll take a hurricane any day...

I am in care of my parents house in Ms. OK my Mom's house now. In the last 3 months I have had to go up 3 times to file claims for storm damage. Straight line winds took a tree top down and through the roof into 2 bedrooms. Next we had 7" of water in 4 hours. Flash floods overwhelmed the city drainage and our drainage backed up and it came into the house. And No.3 came last night. Tornado...again.

I would already be there except we are under tornado warnings ourselves.

Poor AllState. 38K for the first one. 2nd one was covered by National Flood Insurance (Never thought that would be needed). 13K for that one. This one looks worse than the first one. I am going to guess this one will hit 50K+. Renters have to move out this time around. Insurance covers this as well. So I will be going to brand new house at the rate mother nature is headed here.

You hate paying insurance premiums, until you have 3 months like we just had.

I am in care of my parents house in Ms. OK my Mom's house now. In the last 3 months I have had to go up 3 times to file claims for storm damage. Straight line winds took a tree top down and through the roof into 2 bedrooms. Next we had 7" of water in 4 hours. Flash floods overwhelmed the city drainage and our drainage backed up and it came into the house. And No.3 came last night. Tornado...again.

I would already be there except we are under tornado warnings ourselves.

Poor AllState. 38K for the first one. 2nd one was covered by National Flood Insurance (Never thought that would be needed). 13K for that one. This one looks worse than the first one. I am going to guess this one will hit 50K+. Renters have to move out this time around. Insurance covers this as well. So I will be going to brand new house at the rate mother nature is headed here.

You hate paying insurance premiums, until you have 3 months like we just had.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been hit so many times and sustained so much damage each time :( Thank goodness for full coverage and for the right coverage though; those that don't have it :( I just can't imagine...

I'm so sorry to hear you've been hit so many times and sustained so much damage each time :( Thank goodness for full coverage and for the right coverage though; those that don't have it :( I just can't imagine...

I feel worse for my tenants. She is a single mom with 2 boys. This is her first house on her own and she is being SUPER understanding and cooperative. She texted me during the tornado....scared to death!!!! I got the text, "Tornado sirens sounding". I texted her back where to go in the house. She texted me about 6 minutes later, obviously shook up. Said they got hit but they were all OK. Then she texted OMG I see sky!!

Never imagined the Flood Policy would be needed. Lives in a No Flood expected zone. But you always hear about how when you least expect it. I have to say the Adjuster for the Flood policy was SUPER GOOD. Quick, no hassles, no scrimping on what they covered. Fortunately they had declared the area a Flash Flood warning the Friday before it happened. That one statement or condition, is what made the policy pay off. It has to be declared a flood zone as a condition of rising water coverage.

I am not here to sell anyone insurance. But I can tell you that right about now, all the naysayers in my family saying I was wasting money, are being pretty quiet now. This will be 100K in damage in 3 months and we aren't even into the hard weather months yet. The flood adjuster has called me this morning and actually said, if we got any water inside last night, it would be covered again. He is already making his inspections in the area from last nights storms.

Now all I gotta do is get past the next 8 hours here.

After midnight, ours only went off a couple times.

Same here. I'm guessing Charlie's radio is set up for Bradley? Stuff probably went on a little later over there.

Glad everyone's OK...I can't imagine living in tornado prone areas. The one that rolled through my tiny town devastated our area and is still a hot topic today, years later. We just don't get 'em and don't know have any warning system in place, don't know how to handle 'em, nothing. I'll take a hurricane any day...

At one point last night I counted 9 active tornado warnings. Over the last several years, this sort of weather has become fairly normal around here. Diane works in a building that could withstand even the strongest storms, and at home we have an in-ground tornado shelter. Between those two places it's all about situational awareness, knowing your options, and knowing when it's best to just stay put. We have used the shelter a few times, and it all runs smoothly because we have a plan and we know it well.

You can keep the hurricanes ... :laugh:

We stayed just outside of Chattanooga Monday night.

Motel room must have had thick walls. Never heard a thing.

We had 15" of rain in 5 hours here. When they reported that, they added that we were getting rain at the rate of 5" per hour. That continued for at least 2 more hours. This was as much water as we get for hurricanes.

Just got power and internet back up. We are submerged here. Schools closed. Stay at home directive. Looks like we lost 3 people from what I hear so far. All from rising waters overwhelming their cars on the road. Roads are closed and underwater south of me.

They reported that this is the largest single day rain total since the early 1800s.

I just watched the movie Noah last week. *hmph*. That was nuthin!!!!

I've only seen this much rain one other time around here back in 97 when hurricane Danny sat in Mobile bay for 3 days. Looked like we had river front property yesterday. When I drove into work this morning the roads were clear, thankfully.

Hope your family is ok Dawn. Our building in Elberta has water in it - first time in known memory to include 4 hurricanes....

Any inkling on Jet Li?

Back