Top gun undertails not color matched?

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
went to the dealership to pick the bike after they installed the top gun undertail i ordered through them. and the colors are no where near each other. the undertail is a very bright flat white...where the 06le is a pearl white. and the contrast is so much that it makes the rest of the bike look ...for better words....dirty. they are trying to contact extremegraphic mold design..the company that makes top gun and ufo undertails

(they applied to be a dealership for them when they bought it for me and ordered direct from them) and due to it was after 5pm they were closed. i left the bike with the dealership so i would not "use" the product and they are calling them tommorrow to see how to handle this whole mess..has anyone else had problems with color matching the top guns...especialy anyone with a 06le? pm me let me know or post on the thread...thanks chris

Sorry to read that.

I ordered my hugger from them and it matched perfectly.

No input for the Top Gun or UFO....I have the Mototeck.

Hugger__Medium_.JPG

Had exactly the same problem with my 05LE. They tried to pass off a gray one on me. When I called them on it they're response was: its an undertail, no one will notice.
Good luck with it.

Had exactly the same problem with my 05LE. They tried to pass off a gray one on me. When I called them on it they're response was: its an undertail, no one will notice.
Good luck with it.
You're kidding right? Sometimes you have to be little "firm" with Phillipe.

had to paint my 05LE
at that time they didn't even know what color it was

you might wanna get the paint code
and take it to a painter

I had my entire bike repainted
because I had people like Race Ready & others
make it into a rainbow different shades of gray
nowhere near close

Sorry to hear. Why didn't the dealership call you before they went through the trouble of installing it?

It was a short conversation....click from my end. I let VISA do the work and took my business elsewhere. Beep beep.

FYI: That was over a year ago. Drama concluded.

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156477972 -->

Hmmm, matched my 03 Anniversary perfectly, and I've been told that's difficult to match.
rock.gif

had to paint my 05LE
at that time they didn't even know what color it was

you might wanna get the paint code
and take it to a painter

I had my entire bike repainted
because I had people like Race Ready & others
make it into a rainbow different shades of gray
nowhere near close
oh so true! Wrong color, clearcoat running like a kid with an ice cream cone and specs of dirt like you would not believe. Not to mention six weeks shot in the arse.

Man..what a joke and waste of money.

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156478836 -->

ok the dealership called extreme graphics and they are having the dealership ship my hump up to them so they can color match the NEW undertail to the hump and my bikes color. then when its done they ship both back and the dealership will swap..i was allowed to take the bike home and they will return the current one back to them for stock...i am crossing my fingers and am willing to ship the hump away and get an exact match...and it looks great but with the color off...so i have really high hopes for the matched one

That's retarded that you have to send in your hump for them to match colors... I'd just take you busines else where.

<!--EDIT|InfiniteReality
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156785600 -->

ok here are some pics....dont mind the mud it rained before i got home and the driveway is dirt...but if you look at the pics you can see the color is off...the bike is darker the tail is brighter

DSCF1598__Medium_.JPG

i know its a bit out of focus but this pic shows a bit better the diffrence in colors

DSCF1603__Medium_.JPG

i know its difficult to tell with pics but with the naked eye there is a considerable diffrence and eveyone at the dealership agreed too and that is why they are helping me get it more "color matched"

Yeah that'd piss me off. I was really worried about my UFO being off color too, but glad it actually matches. After I ordered it, I read some threads on it not matching.

NJ: This Phillipe guy, he's the one that actually makes the undertails right? I ordered mine through www.rocketsportbike.com (POS Company, I will NEVER do business with again after all the BS with my undertail) and the guy kept referring to Phillipe, which he made sound like he worked at rocketsportbike, but maybe not??

Yeah that'd piss me off. I was really worried about my UFO being off color too, but glad it actually matches. After I ordered it, I read some threads on it not matching.

NJ: This Phillipe guy, he's the one that actually makes the undertails right? I ordered mine through www.rocketsportbike.com (POS Company, I will NEVER do business with again after all the BS with my undertail) and the guy kept referring to Phillipe, which he made sound like he worked at rocketsportbike, but maybe not??
Yep,his company makes em.He's a bit difficult to talk to,but he will help his repeat customers.

There's another strike against rocketsportbike.com. That dude had me convienced Phillipe worked for him! IMO it'd been better for him to tell me that he worked for someone else. Either way, rocketsportbike never refunded me my shipping costs of the wrong color undertail back to them like he promised.

I just got my UFO for my 06 LE from Roaringtoyz lastnight. I proceded to cut my OEM tail up and installed it in the dark and it too was the wrong color. I called Roaringtoyz they basically said since it was installed f#$*off.
guns.gif
<span style='color:darkblue'></span> I contacted Extreme Graphic (the Manufacturer) after being on hold for two minutes he says "send it back to me and we'll repaint it". Plus they said i can use there UPS account. too bad it will be down for awhile.

Back