Looking for an undertail...where to buy????

Busa429

Registered
I'm looking for an undertail kit and I think my favorite is the Extreme Graphics Top Gun model.

Where is the best place to buy this (price)?

I've done some searches but haven't come up with much.

also... Do they come color-matched?

Thanks

you will talk with silvio. yes they come painted.i paid $388 for the tail and a tire hugger.silvio is good people.

ut6.jpg

wow only 388 for tail and hugger??? damn I was expecting to spend 300 each for tail and hugger for $600 total.
rock.gif
wow.gif

is it a carbon hugger?

These guys have the Powerbronze undertails and other stuff.  I have bought from them and they are great.

Superbike

I was going to post a pic of it on my bike, but I can't find one.  Huh.  I'll take some shots later this morning and post 'em.  

Anyway, the Powerbronze tail lets you keep the stock oval taillight housing and lens.  Though I gutted the bulb carriers to put in ICEMANN's excellent LED lights.

<!--EDIT|FLCN72
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074602640 -->

These guys have the Powerbronze undertails and other stuff.  I have bought from them and they are great.

Superbike

I was going to post a pic of it on my bike, but I can't find one.  Huh.  I'll take some shots later this morning and post 'em.  

Anyway, the Powerbronze tail lets you keep the stock oval taillight housing and lens.  Though I gutted the bulb carriers to put in ICEMANN's excellent LED lights.
hmmm I like the idea of keeping the stock tail light....what about blinkers??

can you post some pics of your tail?

The stock taillight lens is kept. Which also illuminates the plate.

I gutted my assembly to use ICEMANN's LEDs. But you can of course keep the stock bulbs.

nt2.jpg

I also used the stock turn signals. I just drilled holes in the undertail (in front of the plate) to mount the old turn signals. I'm not thrilled with this arrangement as the turn signals angle in somewhat. If I can find flush mounts I like and that are bright enough, I might switch them.

Also I scavenged the plate bracket off the stock mudflap. I mounted that upsidedown to the back of the undertail. This angles the plate more than mounting the plate directly to the undertail and gets it under the plate light better.

nt3.jpg

The fit and finish is good, but not great. You will have to trim the undertail to get it to fit properly around the tail light housing. I used masking tape to hold the undertail in place while I made careful adjustments before drilling the holes for mounting it. Measure twice; cut (or drill) once.

No big deal. You'll be doing so much cutting of the stock undertail parts to fit this (or any other undertail) that a little more trimming and fitting will hardly matter to ya.

Back