Took engine apart

Kainedogg

Registered
One of the pistons is pretty much screwed, as is its combustion chamber. Valves are intact and I am hoping a machine shop can at least fix the head, maybe mill it, then go with a 1441 kit from one of the sponsors. Feel free to pipe in on ideas and suggestions. I am a disabled army vet so money is not as free flowing as it used to be. Once reassembled I have a 30hp spray-bar kit and a PCIII when the time comes to tune it. Doubt I can afford to mess with the cams.

Omg1.jpg

Omg2.jpg

Sigh....bolt from a nitrous spray bar worked itself loose over time and got ingested. It spat the washer out...in pieces but kept the bolt for a souvenir.

Sigh....bolt from a nitrous spray bar worked itself loose over time and got ingested. It spat the washer out...in pieces but kept the bolt for a souvenir.
Sorry to hear that man; good luck on gettin' this all fixed up to your liking.

D

Doesn't look too bad. Looks like you shut her down pretty quickly.
The head can be polished out and tigged if the gouges are deep. The head should be leak tested for bent valves or nicked seats. The rod should come off to check for any damage to the rod bearings. You would hate to spin a rod bearing after putting it back together. You needed an excuse for getting bigger jugs for your girl anyway:laugh:

Doesn't look too bad. Looks like you shut her down pretty quickly.
The head can be polished out and tigged if the gouges are deep. The head should be leak tested for bent valves or nicked seats. The rod should come off to check for any damage to the rod bearings. You would hate to spin a rod bearing after putting it back together. You needed an excuse for getting bigger jugs for your girl anyway:laugh:

Your words are so true friend. Taking her to the machine shop this week for them check it out. I will post new info as it comes available. Looking forward to the 1441 though, should make for a hell of a ride. :thumbsup:

I would think that increasing the displacement from 1340cc to 1441cc while keeping the stock cams would make for a lot of low-mid range torque and to be a little flat up top. If I was going to poke her I would think about doing cams and some port work since you're already going to have the head off anyway.

I know how you feel man and I feel for you.

I had my GS1150E explode an aftermarket clutch basket at 9000rpm that sent aluminum shrapnel up into my #1 cyl making a real mess of things. Do as much as you can while you have it torn down that far.

Not to be an ass but how does this equate to riding the fastest production bike in the world + nitrous. And now a big bore engine with even more power?

You are not being an azz, just a curious fuk and I don't mind. It means I am on a fixed income so I have to stretch my dollars wisely.

I would think that increasing the displacement from 1340cc to 1441cc while keeping the stock cams would make for a lot of low-mid range torque and to be a little flat up top. If I was going to poke her I would think about doing cams and some port work since you're already going to have the head off anyway.

Cams are expensive my friend, though the porting seems likely for me. Don't forget I have the spray, so when she attempts to fall flat, I hit the uber button. :thumbsup:

Cams are expensive my friend, though the porting seems likely for me. Don't forget I have the spray, so when she attempts to fall flat, I hit the uber button. :thumbsup:
Oh I know. I've been there and done that, LOL. After my incident I had to choose just like you and I picked to pay for my big bore kit, porting, cams, etc when I was an E-3 and not making much moola ~23 years ago. It was expensive then so I can only imagine what it costs now.

Lol...enlisted man, the only way to go. I can always add cams later, but in the meantime I can have these advanced or retarded to decide where the power hits.

Back