Tommy Hayden to Yosh!

bigoltool

Registered
It's been specualted for some time that Tommy hayden was leaving Kawi. But I never would have imagined that he would replace Yates at Yoshimura. That is just what it looks like now. I am having serious questions about Yosh's plan. I am sure they know what they are doing but why not hire him to run Superstock or Supersport? Maybe they will give Danny Eslick a factory ride in Supersport? Spies should have gone to MotoGP IMHO. Mladin doesn't want to or he would have long ago. All of them will be on the new GSXR1000 too so it looks like without Ducati around Suzuki will once again be damn strong if not dominant again next year. Yamaha will have at least two (more likely three) Superbikes next year with Bostrom, DiSalvo and possibly Hacking. Now who is going to slot into the vacant Kawi seat?

I was glad to hear Yates was getting the boot. He only does well cause he's on the best bike in the field. Put Zemke on a GSXR and see what happens. Spies probably didn't go to MotoGP for the same reason Mladin didn't, Suzuki has the second worst bikes on the paddock. I'm glad Hayden is getting the chance, I think he has more talent/balls than Nicky does. Looks like Suzuki will dominate for 07. I'm a Honda fan, but facts are facts.
I would also like to see Josh Hayes back in Superbike on a factory ride, I think he was given the short end of the stick on that.

Too bad for Yates... Spies will be with AMA Superbike for another 2 years (apparently he signed a new deal with Suzuki) & Josh Hayes definitely deserves a spot on a factory bike.

I also hear that Colin Edwards may be out of a factory ride with Yamaha in MOTOGP next season
wow.gif

I don't follow the AMA politics enough to really comment, but it sad to see Ducati leaving AMA superbike...

Yup, it looks like Edwards could be out next year. But the biggest news I read from Roadracing is that Biaggi might ride for Ducati on the D'Antin satellite team! Good to see his talent back in MotoGP but will his attitude come back....

(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 19 2006,18:18) I don't follow the AMA politics enough to really comment, but it sad to see Ducati leaving AMA superbike...

Yup, it looks like Edwards could be out next year. But the biggest news I read from Roadracing is that Biaggi might ride for Ducati on the D'Antin satellite team! Good to see his talent back in MotoGP but will his attitude come back....
I was just reading the other day that Biagi has signed with Alstare Suzuki for WSBK next year. Heres a twist though. I was reading that Edwards might wind up next to Haga in WSBK next year too! Might that put Nicky back in the second seat next to Rossi again? That could really put a cramp on the funds to run a Yamaha AMA SBK team!

http://web78.f-1.com/news_vi....373.htm

(bigoltool @ Sep. 19 2006,19:38)
(Charlesbusa @ Sep. 19 2006,18:18) I don't follow the AMA politics enough to really comment, but it sad to see Ducati leaving AMA superbike...

I was just reading the other day that Biagi has signed with Alstare Suzuki for WSBK next year. Heres a twist though. I was reading that Edwards might wind up next to Haga in WSBK next year too! Might that put Nicky back in the second seat next to Rossi again? That could really put a cramp on the funds to run a Yamaha AMA SBK team!

They were already teammates and apparently Nicky didn't pick up much! On a serious note, I don't know if a full factory team will pick up Hayden if HONDA doesn't want him. I'd like to see him back in AMA on a CBR1000RR.
It does suck to see Neil Hodgson leaving the AMA because of Ducati. As if I needed another reason to dislike Ducati management.

(black954 @ Sep. 19 2006,19:43)

Yup, it looks like Edwards could be out next year.  But the biggest news I read from Roadracing is that Biaggi might ride for Ducati on the D'Antin satellite team!  Good to see his talent back in MotoGP but will his attitude come back....

They were already teammates and apparently Nicky didn't pick up much! On a serious note, I don't know if a full factory team will pick up Hayden if HONDA doesn't want him. I'd like to see him back in AMA on a CBR1000RR.
It does suck to see Neil Hodgson leaving the AMA because of Ducati. As if I needed another reason to dislike Ducati management.
More Hayden bashing  
poke.gif

Honda wants Nicky and Nicky wants Honda,

BUT

Pedrosa is very fast
Pedrosa is Spainish
Repsol is Spanish
Dorna is Spanish

Nicky won't be the #1 or the only #1 Repsol guy next year if he stays with Honda.  

Ducati and Yamaha are interested in Nicky, but he's not considering either until he and Honda finish negoiating.

Sorry black954, Nicky ain't going to AMA after this awesome year he's had  
biggrin.gif

Yup, it looks like Edwards could be out next year.  But the biggest news I read from Roadracing is that Biaggi might ride for Ducati on the D'Antin satellite team!  Good to see his talent back in MotoGP but will his attitude come back....
I was just reading the other day that Biagi has signed with Alstare Suzuki for WSBK next year.
I read about Biaggi signing with Suzuki in WSB a while back,

and just read about the Biaggi to Ducati in MotoGP.

I think the MotoGP deal is the newer devlopment, but its nothing concrete yet.

(black954 @ Sep. 19 2006,19:43)

Hayden will be the second (nobody will touch Rossi for the fporeseeable future) highest paid rider in MotoGP next year!

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/17september06_nickyh.htm

Back