Tobin seat is here

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
So when I got home today my new Tobin seat was at the front door...
Man, it's nice...
I had time to put it on the and sit on it for a few minutes, and then...............
I put the Busa up on the stands, to pull off my wheels, in order to swap the tires and put my nearly new Pilot Powers on the new (only 200 niles on them) Silver 2006 LE wheels a friend is giving me for my Black 05 wheels...
He is going tomorrow to pick up a new set of Chrome wheels from Chrome Pro's in Corpus Christi...
And since he only needs to turn in a good set of wheels (cores) for the chrome ones, he will give them my Black wheels...
He hated to turn in the new Silver wheels, just to have them dipped and stripped for chroming, what a waste....
So, in a stroke of blind luck, I get the Silver wheels for my o5 Blue/Silver Busa...
And by the way, the Silver on both the wheels and my bike are a perfect match...

What a day...

David

nice...now that is a true friend
smile.gif
of course it goes without saying...pics?

Well, enjoy the new seat and the wheels bro. And yes, the silver wheels on the blue/silver busa add a killer look to it.
cool.gif

I'll take some pictures over the Weekend...
Right now, she's up on the stands in a state of undress...
Tires and wheels are of until at least tomorrow...
So out of respect for her, no pictures until she's back together...

And after all this, the Tobin seat and the Silver wheels, next week I'm gonna send my Candy Blue can from my HMF dual high mount exhaust, back to HMF and have the cans
re-sleeved with Polished Aluminum...
I have never been happy with the color of the cans, the Blue does not match the Blue on my bike...
So a little more cosmetic work is in store...

David

they will look great by the way. Love mine! You did good!

hogger...

might add that mine could be for sale in the near future.
wow.gif

118_1818.JPG

OMG hogger!? You posted a complete pic of your bike w/o the cover on it!!!

You put some Kahlua in your coffee didn't you? Then again, you're probably a Irish Whiskey kinda guy.

OMG hogger!?  You posted a complete pic of your bike w/o the cover on it!!!

You put some Kahlua in your coffee didn't you?  Then again, you're probably a Irish Whiskey kinda guy.
oh..it doesn't look like this anymore. Complete make over at around $3800 or so. (refigured in my head)

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155302991 -->

New Tobin seat...
Also the extended Belly Wing and Extended Chain guard...
Just a few of the things I have done in the last month or two...

DSC03157.JPG

One more for just the heck of it...

<!--EDIT|Devious
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155517792 -->

DSC03155.JPG

Oh yea, Hers a good pic of where my State Inspection Sticker is on the Swingarm and also the Base Stickers up by the Tank...

DSC03158.JPG

you did good on the wheels. I'd be taking him out for a beer/burger on that trade.

Much better..much.

hogger...

Back