tobin seat and buell pegs, need some opinions

hemi

Registered
just put my buell pegs on my 08 busa last week and so far they feel great. I would like to have the bike as comfortable as possible for those long rides. I had a suzuki gel seat on my 750 and liked it a little more than stock, but it wasn't too great. I'm about 6'1" and with the buell pegs my legs feel so much better being lowered down, i have heard tobin's drop u down a little more into the bike though. I don't want to buy one and have my legs feel cramped again. If the guys could post some comments that are runnin both and what u think of the setup would be great. Pics are always nice to

Ask Tobin if they can leave the seat the same hight as stock. I have a Tobin and Love it.

would i have to send my seat to tobin, and then they modify it. Or can i just buy a whole new seat

would i have to send my seat to tobin, and then they modify it. Or can i just buy a whole new seat

Find a cheap, used one and send it to him. I have both a Tobin and Buell pegs and feel real good when ridin'. I'm 6'3" with long legs by the way.

either way also i have a tobin and buell pegs and i like the way it feels im only 5'9 though

you have to send him a seat to modify. im in the same boat as you. i have had the buell pegs for a month now and like the way they feel. but im 6'3" and after 45 mins my butt is on fire.

i wonder how much lower it actually "sits" u in the bike

Previous threads I've read say an inch. Which is why you'd want to ask him to leave the seat higher or maybe try a Corbin. (Also a good seat.)

I just put on a tobin seat (New Image Upholstery) and Helibars, I just ordered the Buell Peg mod, but i can tell you it sits you about an inch and a half lower into the bike. seems to be much more nimble, and alot more comfortable for long rides. Can't wait to get the lowered pegs on but even the stock ones aren't bad . BTW, New Image Upholstery makes the seats for Tobin, and he`s cheaper. I drove there a few weeks back, 3hr. ride and he had my seat ready for me when i got there. He had a basket full of seats to do for tobin and he used one of the donors til i got there with mine.

I'm 6'2 and first did the peg mod which is great. Over the winter I sent my seat to Tobin. Got the seat back and it looks awesome. After a few riding days I was wondering what the comfort difference was. So I bought another stocker and threw that on. Well, after that one ride with the stock seat I am sold on the Tobin. It really is amazing that there is less padding on the Tobin but is so much more comfortable.

It would be nice to sit back alittle further on the seat. But, being more "in the bike" gives a much more confident feel of the ride. Also your not as far into the wind flow on the highway.

Back