to those with HMF Dual Systems...

BusaCruise

speachless
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking for those people that have the HMF systems and have succesfully tuned thiersand have proof that they can produce a fair number.

I have the dual low mounts....and visited a "reputable" tuner ...who is "giving me crap" about the effectiveness of the dual systems.
GRANTED...I know and do not expect the kind of performance a 4~1 system would yield...but a meager 3HP gain?

This tuner prefers the Yosh box over using a PC3, which I can accept...but I want a little ammo to take with me.
I WAS running a PC3 with a map for dual high mounts previously...and it seemed to ride well, but friends would sometime complain of the fuel smell...so that why I decided to get this worked on.

My carbs are freshly syncd ...small AB mod...moved the AIT sensor to the front left tube...GIPro ATRE (set to "off")...K&N (clean with very light oil)..and the HMF pipes that are HPC coated...and a 43T rear sprocket.

I hope that I can do better than this:
JTDMAP.jpg

Do I just have him get the A/F mixture flattened out just above 13 and let the numbers fall where they do?
What really sucks is that I am not going to be on the same dyno as this was taken on....but I will get a baseline to compare.
Hell, I am not beyond putting the stock exhaust back on at this point.
crazy.gif

The 3 hp gains are typical of just using bolt-on's and no additional tune . Maybe the guy is confused about this .

I'd put the air inlet temp sensor back where it belongs .

Typical HMF duals will make 168 -175 hp depending on dyno's , engine condition , chain , tire ect ect . The bike the HMF hi-mount map was made with thats on the Power Commander site made like 172hp at 2200ft altitude .

Low mounts will make more because of much shorter mid-pipes and  , we don't race dyno's as you know . We use them to tune with and if a 165 hp bike will outrun a near 180hp bike with full 4-2-1 exhaust that speaks volumes .

That thing is way way lean but tuning for max HP using leanest A/F to get there on the dyno is not the way to tune for a street bike . If that tuner is ACE he will know it .

With the custom map on my PCIIIr... I'm gettin 168rwhp with the HMF H/Ms, a BMC Race filter, and yes.. a TRE~ I had the map done by Chad Wolfe, up here on 19 just past 52, at Kinetic Motorsports~ Chad is one of the best tuners in the area~ The shop owner is a Busa man also.. which was a big plus for me~
wink.gif

(GJoker @ Apr. 17 2007,05:01) With the custom map on my PCIIIr... I'm gettin 168rwhp with the HMF H/Ms, a BMC Race filter, and yes.. a TRE~ I had the map done by Chad Wolfe, up here on 19 just past 52, at Kinetic Motorsports~ Chad is one of the best tuners in the area~ The shop owner is a Busa man also.. which was a big plus for me~  
wink.gif
Chad did my map also. I'll see if i can find the printout he gave me.

EDIT: was just reading about the gas smell. i don't get any gas smell, not any that i have noticed at least.

I have also heard about the excesive fuel smell~ It didn't start right away though... after being remapped that is~ I even checked the PCIII map (I have the table on paper) to make sure I didn't screw it up somehow... and it was fine~
rock.gif
I'm thinking about having it re-tuned soon~

(GJoker @ Apr. 17 2007,08:07) I have also heard about the excesive fuel smell~ It didn't start right away though... after being remapped that is~ I even checked the PCIII map (I have the table on paper) to make sure I didn't screw it up somehow...  and it was fine~
rock.gif
 I'm thinking about having it re-tuned soon~
Check your plugs... Might be getting fouled.

When I installed my HMF Hi Rises I was told similar garbage. Being a cheap azz I believed it. The Full exhaust and yosh box tune I got gave me 8 whopping hp and the bike did run ok and still had the 3500 rpm flat spot. The PC3r Tune (after winning the Raffle here on the .Org) with a Johnny Cheese map gave me an additional 7 for a total of 15 hp gain with Full HMF system, air box mod and PC3r Tune.

Don't have graphs, but I went from 155 HP and 96 TQ running D&D bolt ons to 165 HP and 99 TQ with the dual high mounts on the old 04.

(Mr. Anderson @ Apr. 20 2007,21:22) also FYI, those numbers are uncorrected, i would find a new tuner.
this wasw not a tune ...just the place i took it for the run.

there is more to this story...I will update this later.....

wink.gif

I got a weak dyno run way back when I bought my bike- HMF himounts, PCIIIr, stock filter n airbox, 16/42 combo. i ran on roll-up dyno at the track and made 153hp in 88deg. with 100% humidity (it rained 30min. later) so I wasnt unimpressed...a 2002 RC-51 on before me only made 123hp so we were both a lil miffed but the weather was f*n stuff up.

(Pipefighter248 @ Apr. 21 2007,08:39) Don't have graphs, but I went from 155 HP and 96 TQ running D&D bolt ons to 165 HP and 99 TQ with the dual high mounts on the old 04.
the "04 DUAL HMF" map is the one I am running....

wink.gif

it's a bit fat for the dual lows down low...but doesn't make any more power for me than the custom Yosh Box tweak seen above.

(BusaCruise @ Apr. 23 2007,10:45)
(Pipefighter248 @ Apr. 21 2007,08:39) Don't have graphs, but I went from 155 HP and 96 TQ running D&D bolt ons to 165 HP and 99 TQ with the dual high mounts on the old 04.
the "04 DUAL HMF" map is the one I am running....

wink.gif

it's a bit fat for the dual lows down low...but doesn't make any more power for me than the custom Yosh Box tweak seen above.
cool.gif

I have a 2002 with HMF hi rise pipes, BMC filter, PC111R and TRE. Had it tuned by Schnitz and was never happy. The printout seems OK but it reaks of fuel and runs way rich I think as it bogs on downshifts. Am considering removing it if I can't get a better map. Noone close to me in Indianapolis to do a good job. I've tried Flat Out MC but it was no better. Biggest issue is "Bogging" on the downshifts. Would love to try a proven map if anyone could help. Happy to pay if it works.

ya i havent had mine tuned yet. i have black smoke/soot coming out of the exhaust when im getting on it. i have Full HMF H/M, PCIII, K&N, big hole air box mod. i have the PC3 map for the HMF duals, and it runs like that. i need a tune bad.

Back