To ride or not to ride.... That is the Question

When I was in Colorado I once mentioned that I love riding at night in the mountains. He was on his CBR600F4 and I was riding the Honda 1100XX. Well on the way back from Aspen over Independance pass at about 2000hrs I realized as he and I were ducking Deer, that I had mispoken. If they could build a bike with headlights that would lead you through a corner It wouldn't be so bad, but them damn headlights would be shinning straight ahead while I am leaned over heading right into total blackness at about 10000 ft of elevation with a shear drop of prolly about 1500-2000 ft. IT SUCKED, it wasn't a matter a fear, it was a matter of not even being able to see what you should be afraid of...

Since then, After dark, I stay near the cities and roads with street lights. Especially if I get caught out with my tinted visor on. I have learned though to pack a pair of cheap safety glasses on the bike and if I get caught out with the wrong visor, just flip it up and wear the safety glasses. May not look cool, but it will get me home.

Back