To do list in Vegas

BusaFan00

Registered
So here's a question for those of you who have your finger on the pulse of Las Vegas. My Dad and I are going to be down there for a week from the 6th to the 13th. I just wanted to see if there were any motorcycle sights to be seen in Vegas or the area that week.

We are going to take that first weekend to drive to Pamona for the Winter Nationals.

Gatherings, shows, museums, anything! I'm halfway through winter up here and jones'n something fierce. Unfortunately I am a mere 24 years old and so cannot rent a bike for the week, although it would be fun!

Any suggestions?

if in vegas hoover dam is pretty neat and i always go do the star trek experience very neat

The Painted Desert is nearby, with Petrified Forests and Indian Monoglyphs.
Lots of scenic road to ride around on.

Red rock canyon has a 13 mile loop inside the park, it is a 20 min ride away from Vegas.
Valley of Fire is a ride North of town, and comes back along the Lake Meade, next to Hoover dam. This loop is about 120 miles.
Vegas, Pharump, Death Valley and back is 200 mile loop depending on how far you actually go into Death Valley.
Zion natl park is three hours North of Vegas.
Mt Charleston is 35 minutes away and has snow up there. Kinda wierd to have snow 40 minutes away from this desert city.
And you have strip joints located every two miles in any direction and like all the bars in town they NEVER CLOSE:laugh:

Lakeshore has unpaved (under repair) sections towards Valley of Fire, ask me and Elena how we know ???....of course it was the middle of the night as well. :oldcool: Redrock, Hoover Damn, Spearmint Rhino (no just kidding), Mt Charleston, lots of stuff....bringing bikes ????.......

The Painted Desert is nearby, with Petrified Forests and Indian Monoglyphs.
Lots of scenic road to ride around on.

I guess I forgot the name of it... listen to megawatt - I get confused sometimes :laugh:
I was thinking of the Valley of Fire.

Red rock canyon has a 13 mile loop inside the park, it is a 20 min ride away from Vegas.
Valley of Fire is a ride North of town, and comes back along the Lake Meade, next to Hoover dam. This loop is about 120 miles.
Vegas, Pharump, Death Valley and back is 200 mile loop depending on how far you actually go into Death Valley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can recommend the following:

1) Ed Roman's Guitars - Biggest guitar store I've ever seen!

2) Love - Beatles music based Cirque de Soleil show. Incredible show!

3) Las Vegas Mini GP - The adult track runs the owners custom karts and they track the 10 fastest times for the day. (I managed to place 2nd at the end of the day behind a professional racer :cheerleader:.)

4) Dinner at the Eiffel Tower Restaraunt - if you wanna drop mad cash. Nice place and, if you get a window seat at dusk, you get a great view of the Balagio water fountain show for the evening. Great food and great view, but very pricey.

5) Street Artists on Fremont Street like this guy.Nothing but rattle can's and cardboard and they turn out really nice stuff. Amazing to watch.

Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
When in Pomona give me a shout. I can hear the drags from my house. It is just up the hill from me. We can hit hooters or something one night.

Mt Charleston is 35 minutes away and has snow up there. Kinda wierd to have snow 40 minutes away from this desert city.
And you have strip joints located every two miles in any direction and like all the bars in town they NEVER CLOSE:laugh:

+1 what he said!

Lakeshore has unpaved (under repair) sections towards Valley of Fire, ask me and Elena how we know ???....of course it was the middle of the night as well. :oldcool: Redrock, Hoover Damn, Spearmint Rhino (no just kidding), Mt Charleston, lots of stuff....bringing bikes ????.......

+1 Adam....my busa still has crap all over it from those very unpaved sections of Lakeshore you mentioned....I hope I have time to wash it this weekend. It needs it!

+1 Adam....my busa still has crap all over it from those very unpaved sections of Lakeshore you mentioned....I hope I have time to wash it this weekend. It needs it!

M-A-K-E T-I-M-E ???? ....You mean it's STILL dirty ??.......You need to enroll in the O-R-G Spudley's School of Hayabusa Detailing !!!! :super: :super: :super: If you call now, I'll throw in a SHAM-WOW at no additional cost, and if you call NOW, you might get a free can of Plexus !!!! Operator's ARE standing by !!!!

Bad Aaron !!!!! :spank:

BTW Did ya hear we're BANNING "SCAR" ????!!!! :super: :super: :super:

Thank ya....thank ya very mushhhh..... :oldcool:

Ahh, unfortunately we won't have access to bikes while down there. Just hoping maybe there was a show or something like that I could just wander around in, just the whet the appetite for the next few months before spring finally springs.

And yes, lots of money. Kinda crazy actually, time for a second job... just for a week. :beerchug:

I've heard good things and am looking forward to it! Thanks for the suggestions! ... Cirque could be fun. Hmmm.......

The cirque de soleil shows will run you at least $100 per seat. It sux but I have not seen a bad show yet, amazing shows. Great shows for the $$ if you want a great magic show then go see Steve Wyric, not expensize and his show will amaze you. Much better than Lance Burton (waste of good money and I had 2 for 1 tickets).

Stomp at the aladdin is a better price than blue man group and they are the same type of shows. So if you want percussion show with no dialoge then "Stomp" gets my vote over the Blue man group, both are great but you save serious coin seeing Stomp.

Hit the Coca cola store on the strip, right next to it is a "tickets tonight" kiosk, you can pick up ticket to various shows for that night at a 2 for 1 cost. Just don't expect to get tickets for blue man group or any of the cirque de solei shows.

Back