To Chrome or Not to Chrome?

OB_Xen Racer

Registered
I am trying to trick out my bike and was wondering if I am better off polishing the aluminum (frame, swingarm, rims, etc) or should I have it chromed?

I am looking for quality and durability. I was wondering if anyone knows a good chroming shop in the Silicon Valley?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have had some wheels chromed at Plate Corp in Orange county CAilf. They did an excellent job. I think they also do swingarms. If you need to find them you should be able to do a search on yahoo and find them. If you need more info let me know.It was around 600 for both wheels.

I have an R1 which is chromed and polished to the max and I'll share some info with you... My frame is polished to such a high luster, it looks better than the chrome parts
which have yellowed a bit due to heat (Clutch
cover, ignition plate,etc.) but wheels, triple clamps and other items which aren't
affected by heat look to be in better condition. My R1 has chrome on the brake calipers and forks also and I would not go through that much trouble again... Polish your frame and swingarm then send all the rest of the stuff to the chrome man. It's a lot easier than rubbing on all that sh@t yourself...

Back