Spectra chrome

thduke1

Registered
Hey guys... A friend of a friend is opening a shop near my house that does the (I guess) new(?) spray chrome called Spectra Chrome. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this and how durable is it?

from the youtube vids - looks pretty cool and durable..... but id rather take my rims to an actual chroming shop.... its more of a chrome paint than anything else

Oh yeah... I figured that. What about doing the frame? Or the mastercylinders, switch housings, etc.....?

For some of those hard to do parts - may not be such a bad idea....

If there was a chrome shop that was within 200 miles I would consider doing some more parts but.......

Exactly..... There has to be a high demand for getting things chromed. You would think there would be more places to bring parts to.

I'm on the Mississippi gulf coast and it's a long ways from here too. I hear of a lot of people sending things all the way to Cali

If not done right,it can become a nightmare. Had a member have work done by XXXchrome(I believe it was) and the stuff peeled,flaked etc... off his body panels. Was a total nightmare. And to sum it up it was a contest prize of some sort from another Busa site.

XXX Chrome Plating

its paint, it will be as durable as a good paint job. not near the level of durability of real chrome.

Also has more flex to it then standard chroming. Coloring mixed in with the paint rather then in the clear over the chrome. Pretty much any design you can think of can be done with spectra.

Also has more flex to it then standard chroming. Coloring mixed in with the paint rather then in the clear over the chrome. Pretty much any design you can think of can be done with spectra.

I like the product, and some of the things you can do with and colors is amazing. I am just saying its not really chrome.

Back