New Chrome

BMW5

Registered
Okay Guys and Gals, I have the following parts that I want to install or have installed by Spring 2011.

Chrome Switch Housings
Chrome Clutch Cover
Chrome Master Cylinders
Galfer Platinum Clutch and Brake Lines (Ordered from Pashnit)
Chrome Sprocket Cover
Chrome Gauge Cover

I believe I can install everything myself except the Chrome Master Cylinders and brake and clutch lines. The questions that I have are regarding the chrome sprocket cover. How difficult is it to remove and replace the stock cover? Does the sprocket cover have a gasket that I will need to replace? Any other advice or things to watch out for during the install would be greatly appreciated. :beerchug:

Thanks,
BMW5

DSC00071a.jpg

No gasket on sprocket cover.
Of course there is one on the clutch cover.
All parts are an easy install, just read up on the board or ask around if you have anymore questions.

Sprocket cover is pretty straight forward. The bolts arent the same length, so keep track of em, 3 are one length and the 4 is another, cant recall for sure, but i think its shorter. The rear set comes off too, but that for the shifting bar. Take your time and it'll go smooth for ya:thumbsup:

BMW5 that is all straight forward, even the masters and lines. just buy a decent bleeder kit and it will make things easier. what ever you do don't get rid of the black parts for you migh need them when the shiney and cleaning parts wears off..
ALSO you forgot to mention spf 100, dark visors for the helmets and dark UV glasses... chrome on your face is not that comfy on the run

BMW5 that is all straight forward, even the masters and lines. just buy a decent bleeder kit and it will make things easier. what ever you do don't get rid of the black parts for you migh need them when the shiney and cleaning parts wears off..
ALSO you forgot to mention spf 100, dark visors for the helmets and dark UV glasses... chrome on your face is not that comfy on the run

Thanks a lot for the info. I don't think I want to mess with the master cylinders. I will leave the "brake parts" to the experts. LOL!!

Let me know if you ever want to sell that undertail.

BMW5

Thanks a lot for the info. I don't think I want to mess with the master cylinders. I will leave the "brake parts" to the experts. LOL!!

Let me know if you ever want to sell that undertail.

BMW5

You ever check the classified section?
Might be some undertails in there. :whistle:

I know what you sayin, hard to find a decent untertail now days. I did find a first generation undertail here in a local shop (revtek) that he has have in the shelf for years, painted grey (with the turn signals near the passanger pegs but he wanted 280.00 back in 2007 and when I check yesterday he still wants the 280. that price according to him will never be less. He rather see it on the shelf than let it go for less... I let you know if I pull the triger on that..

I know what you sayin, hard to find a decent untertail now days. I did find a first generation undertail here in a local shop (revtek) that he has have in the shelf for years, painted grey (with the turn signals near the passanger pegs but he wanted 280.00 back in 2007 and when I check yesterday he still wants the 280. that price according to him will never be less. He rather see it on the shelf than let it go for less... I let you know if I pull the triger on that..

Okay, thanks!! Can you post some pics of your undertail?

here is the mototek I have, i did change the rear lights as the factory ones just weren't to my likes, and I send the mototek covers toe Kento-moto as he needed them.
I made my own trail bullet stile lenses with LED lights and teh blinkers are LED's as well so you might need the LED electronic flasher if you have the front running light mod. I'm currently using the GROTE 84942 LED flaser relay to work with the undetail LEDS
there is also some 194 in the brake light housing but they are useless from a distance of 10 ft.:laugh:

mototek undertail 001.jpg

mototek undertail 002.jpg

mototek undertail 003.jpg

and yes it is dirty, but will clean up great and the paint is in great shape, it just been raining here:laugh::laugh:

yea no problem. wheather I sell this one or not, since the other one will need to be painted, I'm going to take them both in to get them painted at the same time and save a few bucks in paint.

Back