To anyone who has trex frame sliders....

card16969

Registered
So tonight I pulled my side fairing off of the bike thinking that a mounting bolt had came loose holding on my slider.... When I pulled it I found the bracket had snapped in half. The bike has never been down and never been hit in any way shape or form. There is damage to the paint and Im a very very unhappy person right now!!!
11086685_10155381125020383_1926647459_n_zpsfdow6ahr.jpg

Wow, that sucks. Is that 1/4" thk steel that snapped across a weld? Was it in a bind when you installed it?

They are designed to snap that way. Mine broke just like that in a fall. They break before damaging the frame. Not sure how that happened without impact.

looks like the wield fractured the metal from overheating when made.

So tonight I pulled my side fairing off of the bike thinking that a mounting bolt had came loose holding on my slider.... When I pulled it I found the bracket had snapped in half. The bike has never been down and never been hit in any way shape or form. There is damage to the paint and Im a very very unhappy person right now!!!
11086685_10155381125020383_1926647459_n_zpsfdow6ahr.jpg

Sorry to hear that. What version of the T-Rex Sliders was it. Was it the one below or an older version?

08 2014 TRex Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 Frame Sli

frame sliders are for gay stunt riders and make the bike look like shiit! their totally worthless. in fact, I had a buddy who had them on his GSXR and wen the bike went down the frame slider caught a small crack in the road and lifted the bike up causing it to flip and roll. he mother fuks frame sliders to this day and that was 10 years ago smh.

if he didn't have frame sliders his bike wud have simply slip across the road with damage to one side vs. totaling out his entire bike.

Back