tested out my trex frame sliders this weekend

hemi1300

Registered
not intentionally lol. Was a nice day saturday so I took her out and rode 70 miles or so. Roads were wet so of course the busa got filthy. Popped her on the stands to do a wash in the driveway. Went to drop the rear off the stand after the wash, tire hit the pavement, slowly lean the bike until the kickstand hits the ground, shortly realized the kick stand WAS NOT DOWN!!! Yup, bike smacked right down to the pavement, couldn't believe what just happened. Went running in to get the wife to help me lift the beast. My legs were shaking i was so mad. Luckily, my trex frame slider completely saved it!! Small scuff on rear tail light pod that rubbed out pretty good and barely noticeable, little scuff on mirror, no other damage done!! Frame sliders saved my a** and i couldn't believe nothing was broken, the frame slider puck is hardly even scuffed. Got lucky this time, reminder to myself-make sure kickstand is down before taking bike off rear stand lol

yeah yeah, i know the rules, unfortunately no pics though. Was so upset and wanted to see if i could fix the small amount of damage, didn't even think about grabbing the camera, sorry

It's fun when something does what it is suppose to do. I have a set waiting to be install as soon as that white sh** melt. :thumbsup:

I can relate to just wanting to get the bike shiny side up. I think this is the only time the frame sliders will save the plastics. I have the cut frame sliders and they saved me during my parking lot tip over. Isn't it amazing to realize just how heavy it really is.

Back