Tires Question? and hopefully discussion

ClarkKent

Registered
I will be purchasing a New 08 Hayabusa as soon as I get an offer on my 04 R6. Currently I get about 4-5k miles on a set of tires; mostly what I use the bike for is a commuter (hence replacing it with a more comfortable and street oriented bike). I was wondering what kind of tires are suggested for mostly sport touring interstate kind of driving (with the emphasis on Touring) as my drive is about 35 interstate miles to work 1 way. I have a 2006 GSXR 600 which I will keep to play on the track with. Hopefully I will get an offer pretty soon on my R6 as I cannot wait to try out the Busa!

Paul
laugh.gif

The tires the 08' comes with would be fine to stick with IMO, but there are so many options it is a somewhat overwhelming decision.. I have tried the Pilot Power 2CT's and really like them as well. I just purchased a set of the new Bridgestone BT-016 tires and should have them on here in a few days.. I am pretty anxious to try them out as they are the new hypersport tire for Bridgestone and I expect they will be pretty bad azz... Some guy's on here lately have been praising the Avon tires for long wear and great handling as well..

Good Luck and welcome !!!
hello.gif
beerchug.gif

Avon Storms are great for wear. I have racked on 6100 miles so far and looks like I have another 6000 or so to go.
SHOCKED.gif

That is some serious tire life !!!

I got about 1700 miles out of the stockers and have been averaging about 3500 miles from the PP 2CT's... I think I will have to check out those Avons after thrashing on these new stones !!!!
laugh.gif

I am using pilot powers on my r6 and I love the stickiness and the lean angle but I am not enjoying having to replace them so often and I am sure that with the additional torque and weight on the Busa its going to be a lot worse. I will definitely check out the Avon line I would love to get 12k out of a tire!!!

Back