tireguard tpms from pashnit

hemi

Registered
anybody using one? Really considering purchasing the tpms, would be really nice to constantly know the tire pressure. Pretty lazy most of the time about checkin the pressure. Any negatives about using this with the rubber valve stems?

you have noticed a few low tire or flat tire threads popping up ??? Me too I want this on my bike. Lets face it even if you are religious "pre ride inspection" kind of guy, you can be bit by a flat tire or low tire pressure mishap.

You pick up a nail or something while riding, and riding with the confidence that you did everything right before the ride, and when you go take the turn whamo the truth finds when you go into the turn

I bought two... not sure why... I forgot to swap it to the gold wheels when I rode to NY :banghead:
2 concerns:
1st, My two Acu-guages (same psi reading) and the TPM are about 2 psi difference.
2nd, when you need to add air you have to use an Allen key to take of the lock before you can unscrew the sensor from the valve stem.

Someone did suggest that if you do a lot of high speed passes it is better to get metal valve stems. I will do this when I get new tires.

img_0410.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT USE WITH RUBBER STEMS! it isn't worth the risk...i had 90 degree aluminum stems on one set of rims but forget to put the other ones on when i changed rubber on my other set...i noticed that the rubber stem was bending a little but had a stupid moment and didn't really pay attention...just a couple curves after leaving the CROT after a trip through the Dragon, i ended up on the side of the road with a cut stem...i am very thankful that it ended up with just waiting for lavinrac to come get me instead of it being much worse!

the system works great...as soon as i felt something weird, i looked down and saw the low pressure alarm blinking which confirmed my suspicions and enabled me to get to the side of the road before losing all the air from the tire without any issues...this was the second time it has saved me since i put them on a year ago

IMG_6674 (Large).jpg

IMG_6672 (Large).jpg

IMG_6673 (Large).jpg

PLEASE DO NOT USE WITH RUBBER STEMS! it isn't worth the risk...i had 90 degree aluminum stems on one set of rims but forget to put the other ones on when i changed rubber on my other set...i noticed that the rubber stem was bending a little but had a stupid moment and didn't really pay attention...just a couple curves after leaving the CROT after a trip through the Dragon, i ended up on the side of the road with a cut stem...i am very thankful that it ended up with just waiting for lavinrac to come get me instead of it being much worse!

the system works great...as soon as i felt something weird, i looked down and saw the low pressure alarm blinking which confirmed my suspicions and enabled me to get to the side of the road before losing all the air from the tire without any issues...this was the second time it has saved me since i put them on a year ago

Ok, thanks for the tip. Is there any metal stems that one can easily install without dismounting the tire, or does the tire need to come off and the whole stem be replaced with a metal one?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks for the tip. Is there any metal stems that one can easily install without dismounting the tire, or does the tire need to come off and the whole stem be replaced with a metal one?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

you have to replace the entire stem but you should be able to do so without pulling the tire off the rim :beerchug:

here's a thread by Uncle Steve on how to do it: click here

Back