Tire Pressure Monitors

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I was wondering is using valve mounted TPMS sensor on an angled valve stem would be a problem? I have been told that the weight of the sensor/battery caap can damage rubber valve stems, but do you think that would be an issue with billet valve stems that are angled?

I ordered the TPMS from Pashnit.

In case you were wondering, yes I am too lazy to just check the pressure. Actually I wanted to be able to see fluctuations in the pressure more so than cold pressures.

You can mount the tpms on the top and then just uncap and fill the tire without ever messing with your sensor. I don't know if Pashnit sells these valve stems but Hawkshead does

tvalveSML1.jpg

They may not be to pleasing to the eye but the functionality seems well worth it:thumbsup:

tvalveSML1.jpg

I would be concerned also with the extra weight and making the tires out of balance. I personally would wait till its tire replacement time. Order some good qaulity metal valve stems install all your neat guy gatchets on and then have them balance the tire if you want it done right.

I already have billet valve stems. Supposedly the sensor is light enough to not require balancing. I guess I'll let you all know when it gets here.

Uncle Steve put his on the outside with 90 degree and never had a problem.. I have my TPS on the inside of the tire..

i've been using them for several years without any problems (they have saved my rear end twice!)...just don't run them on rubber stems :beerchug:

The FOBO system is pretty nice :thumbsup:

I’m running their setup with the metal t-valve stems on my H-D. The redesigned model should be coming out shortly and it’s alot smaller than the original sensors but I’d still run metal stems no matter what!!

Had a buddy who owns a GSXR 750 and he bought some cheesy eBay decorative valve caps. Well..... after a spirited run down a stretch of Highway he noticed the rear end was feeling loose?? Pulled over and his tire was flat!!! Said he looked over the entire tire thinking he picked up a nail or screw. Couldn’t find nothing and it was a brand new tire.

He told me about it and the 1st thing that came to mind was the valve stems. I asked him what caps he had and how fast he was going. The rate of speed he was going coupled with the weight of those caps ripped the rubber stem. He’s lucky he pulled over when he did and it was the rear that gave out and not the front

Back