Tired of my Sylverstar ultras burning out

ThatsMrGimp2U

Registered
Any suggestions? I was considering a good HID kit if i could get one around 80 bucks. Or trying a different bulb.

Pointers and links always appreciated :thumbsup: Thanks

Any suggestions? I was considering a good HID kit if i could get one around 80 bucks. Or trying a different bulb.

Pointers and links always appreciated :thumbsup: Thanks

Go to the spring bash GIXERHP will hook you up 100 bones installed.. :thumbsup:

Can someone explain what is meant when you say that the lights turn off during ignition? Are you saying that they turn off and don't come back on? Would I still have this issue with an 08?

I just bought a set of HID lights and I want to be certain that I do this right up front.

Can someone explain what is meant when you say that the lights turn off during ignition? Are you saying that they turn off and don't come back on? Would I still have this issue with an 08?

I just bought a set of HID lights and I want to be certain that I do this right up front.

Hey Vonder...

From what I understand, it's something about the light coming on after you turn the key and before you start the ignition. There may be a little blink or something during the process. Over time, this is no good for the expensive HID's you just bought. So the work around is to install the delay timer.

Hey Vonder...

From what I understand, it's something about the light coming on after you turn the key and before you start the ignition. There may be a little blink or something during the process. Over time, this is no good for the expensive HID's you just bought. So the work around is to install the delay timer.

Thank you for the additional info. I'm going to see about getting a delay switch just to be safe. :beerchug:

Yeah... while I really appreciate everyones help with their post on wiring the delay timer, it got confusing. There were pic of it wired but the written instructions were a little off to me. ???

So then I found this post by gmmech07....all I need was the schematic and I got it!:cheerleader:

go to this post after you install the hid's and you are ready to install delay timer. Scroll down to gmmech07 post and look at the schematic.

Good Luck!!!!

Last edited:
Does anybody else's delay timer let the HID come back on if you turn the bike off, and then right back on? If I turn my bike off and wait a few minutes, then go to restart my bike, the HID starts to come on without the delay. I have the timer set at half-way.(about 20 seconds) Do you think the delay timer,(relay) has enough current in it to keep it energized for a while? How long should it take to "bleed off"?

Does anybody else's delay timer let the HID come back on if you turn the bike off, and then right back on? If I turn my bike off and wait a few minutes, then go to restart my bike, the HID starts to come on without the delay. I have the timer set at half-way.(about 20 seconds) Do you think the delay timer,(relay) has enough current in it to keep it energized for a while? How long should it take to "bleed off"?

No I just installed mine and I have turned the bike on/off sevral times testing other stuff and it delay is everytime. I have mine set to about 15 seconds. Which delay timer do you have?

Back