Tire pricing

MeltDownZ

Registered
Seeing as my part of the country is made up of virtually straight roads, I'm looking at the Bridgestone BT020 hoping to get more milage.  I did some searching and it seems that my local dealer is the cheapest if you factor in the install.  Seems like I could save $50 if I invest in a $150 balancer and irons and muscle the thing myself and buy the tire from parts411.  Am I missing anything here?

<span style='font-family:courier'>Ron Turner (dealer)
--------------
Bridgestone BT020 (order)   $139.84
Installation $25.00
Total $164.84

Parts411.com
--------------
Bridgestone BT020 $121.90  
After market install ($50)
Total $171.90

Cyco Cycle (local shop)
--------------
Bridgestone BT020 (instock) $146.99
Install $25.00
Total  $171.99</span>

<!--EDIT|MeltDownZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093027350 -->

Good price. Look at getting a set you may save more. Keep the front for when you will need it. Some times specials will run 1 front and 2 rear.

You also would need one curvy tire iron to help you out. Dont' forfget rim savers from chaparral-racing.com if you want your rims to be scratch free.

Works great for me.

Oh, and balancing is free. Use two chairs and your axle to do static balancing - it works just fine.

That's the setup I use,

CHECK OUT THE BRIDGESTONE BT 014, I HAVE PUT ABOUT 1700 MILES ON THEM AND THEY STILL LOOK VERY GOOD ... AND THEY STICK VERY GOOD.. GOOD LUCK
biggrin.gif

$50! wow - RIP OFF! I thought $18 was bad here at the only shop that'll touch a tire they didnt sell ya. The tire price is cheaper than our local shops. For my next set of " milage tires " I wanna try the Conti Force by Continental

Back