Tire pressure check.

masterblaster

Registered
I find this time of the year it is necessary to increase the interval between tire pressure checks, around now when it cools out it seems my pressure drops quicker in all my bikes, I increase frequency to once a week. Just a reminder to the Busa crew. Ride safe and dress warm. Its riding season here in So Fla.

If you are smart, you will check your tire pressure before every ride. Tire pressure is that important.

If you are smart, you will check your tire pressure before every ride. Tire pressure is that important.

Meh - I'm with DO3 on this. I ride all the time, and check pressure once a week or so. A kick will tell you if it's dangerously low for reason between checks.

I didn't suggest you fellas "HAD" to check you tires before every ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I said if you were "SMART" you would check your tire pressure before every ride :laugh:

I have spent the past eight years teching bikes at 30-40 track events annually. The things I see on a regular basis is jaw dropping. It's surprising that more riders don't injure themselves due to poorly maintained equipment, tire pressure is just one of a long list of neglected items.

I didn't suggest you fellas "HAD" to check you tires before every ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I said if you were "SMART" you would check your tire pressure before every ride :laugh:

I have spent the past eight years teching bikes at 30-40 track events annually. The things I see on a regular basis is jaw dropping. It's surprising that more riders don't injure themselves due to poorly maintained equipment, tire pressure is just one of a long list of neglected items.

I've got a calibrated toe Tuf ......... :poke:

tiregard <--click here if you never want to have to manually check your tire pressure again, i love this thing as it has saved me a couple times while riding! thanks, Pashnit!! :thumbsup:

their ok for touring, i be a bit conerned with extra weight flying around the wheel at high speeds.

i just check before every ride, at the same time spin teh wheel for cuts/bulges/eggs on tire wall

i haven't had a problem at high speeds since i've upgraded the stems to Ariete 90-degree aluminum ones (thanks GoldenChild :beerchug:)...i've had mine on for years with multiple high speed runs without any issues

Only thing in contact with this world when the Busa is in flight, you better be sure all as it should be!!

Do a thread on the 15 most neglected maintenance items that the average rider can do.:vuur1:

... check your tire pressure before every ride. Tire pressure is that important.

Agreed. I recently picked up a staple in my tire that went unnoticed until the center of the staple had worn off (spirited ride?). All that was visible were the two shiny points buried in the tire. This caused a slow leak and later, when riding with my wife on the back, it started feeling splashy. Checked the pressure and it was 15 lbs. Yikes. I check much more often now.

Back